DIY LC 100 Drawers

• HTML tutorial

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

Those look amazing. Good Job. I am tackling mine this weekend. I will post it up if it looks half as good as yours.

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

What slides do you use and where did you get them. Tat is the one thing that is holding me back on the completion. The structure is not an issue I am trying to figure out the slides

Mine will be 41W x 33 or so L.

Thanks.

9'' top to bottom. The drawers have about 6.5" of clearence and are 40" deep. The whole thing is a bit heavy but manageable without the need of a fork lift with the drawers removed.

Mooterman

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Parker, CO 80134
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

What slides do you use and where did you get them. Tat is the one thing that is holding me back on the completion. The structure is not an issue I am trying to figure out the slides

Mine will be 41W x 33 or so L.

Thanks.
From TCH. 250lb rated which so far seems adequate. I initially ordered the 500lb.ers off Amazon but they seemed a little overkill and the slides couldn't be separated for drawer removal...plus 3x as expensive.

http://www.tchweb.com/tchstore/search.do?search=drawer+36&imageField.x=0&imageField.y=0

Reactions: Teague

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Nice job looks great, I used the same TCH 250lb in 36" , worked out great. Are those southco latches? I was thinking to switching to that style of latch

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Mooterman

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Parker, CO 80134
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Nice job looks great, I used the same TCH 250lb in 36" , worked out great. Are those southco latches? I was thinking to switching to that style of latch

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Yep - Southco latches. They seemed a little cheap out of the pkg but once installed they work great. May upgrade to metal ones if these break - but so far so good.

Mooterman

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Parker, CO 80134
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Nice. Anymore details?
I didn't think to take photos during construction but just used 3/4" plywood for the box, added a pine face frame and drawer fronts to clean it up, HD outdoor carpet, 36" full extension slides from TCH, Southco drawer latches and some not quite matching grey paint from the HD reject shelf. The four corners are strapped down to the vehicle tie downs in case I'm ever upside down - but definitely not in the plans! The 9" height was determined so that the wings would sit just flush above the wheel wells. Drilled a couple of holes about midway on either side of the box for hand holds....something to grab on to and manhandling the thing. A note for your 100, you definitely need the 3/4" clearance under the drawer fronts so that they don't get hung up on the tailgate. Probably not quite up to ARB standards but it'll do the job. About $200 in materials.

Thanks all for the compliments!!

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

\ A note for your 100, you definitely need the 3/4" clearance under the drawer fronts so that they don't get hung up on the tailgate.

Yep, I bought a drawer that was pre made that a guy used in his 60/62 series. I ended up having to stick some 2x4's underneath it to get the drawers to open. The only think I don't like about it is that it is only between the wheel wells. It's made out of bamboo and the edges are routed, so I don't think I could add the flaps that go over the wheel wells like you did. Nice work!