Launch Member

Member I

Cranbrook
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Bedwell
Member #

Did this back in April when I first got the JKU. Drawers were a must as my small Action Packer was just sliding around. By the end of it it only cost me maybe $450 instead of like $1000 for a very basic system.

So the break down...

I have the Alpine sound system it the jeep with the Sub in the little trunk space. I took some 4inch by 6inch scrap 3/4inch plywood and layer it 2 high under the base to keep the base off the sub. After a few months I have not noticed any issues with sound!

the passenger side fits my cooler and a "shopping basket" ontop of the cooler. The back of the passenger side is open so I can lay the seat down and carry longer cargo. And a cut out for easy access to the 12volt plug.

The driver side is 2 drawers, nothing fancy. There is space between the back of the bottom drawer and the backside of the seat, I mounted my bottle Jack there. All I got to do is flip the seat down and undo a bungy cord.

The top shelve is nothing fancy either, I have since laid down some rubber matting, and trimmed it with some aluminum angle.

Running it since April things I would change....

Instead of the drawers ontop of each other I would put them side by side and have them lower. I'm short and when I eventually lift it I may have issues getting to the top drawer. But at the same time I like that the passenger side is closed it and hides things from view and keeps things contained... so could go either way.

A better locking system! The barrel slide latches allow for some play and I do hear the slides rattling around when driving.

So I may build a revised version in the spring... maybe.20190507_101344.jpeg20190430_143528.jpeg20190430_163906.jpeg20190417_163821.jpeg20190420_164712.jpeg

Nick.Bed

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Cranbrook
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Bedwell
Member #

Thanks guys... next day off I'll unload everything I got in the 2 drawers and show how much I can pack.

Reactions: Eric W.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Did this back in April when I first got the JKU. Drawers were a must as my small Action Packer was just sliding around. By the end of it it only cost me maybe $450 instead of like $1000 for a very basic system.

So the break down...

I have the Alpine sound system it the jeep with the Sub in the little trunk space. I took some 4inch by 6inch scrap 3/4inch plywood and layer it 2 high under the base to keep the base off the sub. After a few months I have not noticed any issues with sound!

the passenger side fits my cooler and a "shopping basket" ontop of the cooler. The back of the passenger side is open so I can lay the seat down and carry longer cargo. And a cut out for easy access to the 12volt plug.

The driver side is 2 drawers, nothing fancy. There is space between the back of the bottom drawer and the backside of the seat, I mounted my bottle Jack there. All I got to do is flip the seat down and undo a bungy cord.

The top shelve is nothing fancy either, I have since laid down some rubber matting, and trimmed it with some aluminum angle.

Running it since April things I would change....

Instead of the drawers ontop of each other I would put them side by side and have them lower. I'm short and when I eventually lift it I may have issues getting to the top drawer. But at the same time I like that the passenger side is closed it and hides things from view and keeps things contained... so could go either way.

A better locking system! The barrel slide latches allow for some play and I do hear the slides rattling around when driving.

So I may build a revised version in the spring... maybe.View attachment 125137View attachment 125138View attachment 125139View attachment 125143View attachment 125145
Locking sliders cost more but they are really nice to lock the drawers securely in and out in case you are at an angle. It has worked well for my kitchen set up!B65C0468-199A-4610-8A99-D0321D62C0C5.jpeg