Ditch lights, Amber or white?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

MiamiC70

Rank IV

Member I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
N/A
Member #

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

White. I have BD lights on my truck, love them. I run in dust and rain, If I want yellow for vision, I put on yellow glasses. Mine are slaved to my high beams, when I turn off the highs the LEDs shut off too. Mount them below the hood, if you don't they will light up the windshield and hood.

Prerunner1982

US Southwest Region Member Rep

Traveler III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

For ditch lights I would say clear, if you were mounting them lower on the bumper amber might be beneficial (rain/snow/dust/fog).

Reactions: MWilliams

MiamiC70

Rank IV

Member I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
N/A
Member #

Thanks guys. I ordered white and will save the Amber for true fogs when I add the bull bar.

Delkat

Rank II

Contributor III

San Francisco Bay Area CA
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6AET
I have the white with the yellow covers. I would say the covers hold condensation and it reduces the amount of light output significantly if you don’t remove the covers and clear the condensation.

PNW EXPLR

NorthWest Region Member Rep Southeast Washington
Supporter +

Influencer III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I agree with the rest of the guys. Go with the white and run covers when needed for foul weather.

Osteology

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas, TX
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Ingraham
I know this is an old thread but if you want white light without the glare of a 6000K white light, using the Diode Dynamics SSC2 little pods you can order the yellow pods (4K emitter with yellow lenses = 3K yellow light) and swap out the lenses for clear for a warmer 4000K white light.

old_man

Rank V
Supporter

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham Callsign
WØNUT
Just a bit of info for some of you. Colorado has a law against lights that shine down from under a vehicle. Go figure. I guess the ricers were going hog wild with the effects lights causing a distraction and got any light under the vehicle banned. Never heard of anybody getting a ticket or anything, but I ran across it in one of my browsing forays. They also have some rules about the roof lights.