Ditch lights, Amber or white?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

MiamiC70

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MMc

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Southern Califoria
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

White. I have BD lights on my truck, love them. I run in dust and rain, If I want yellow for vision, I put on yellow glasses. Mine are slaved to my high beams, when I turn off the highs the LEDs shut off too. Mount them below the hood, if you don't they will light up the windshield and hood.

emulous74

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Austin, TX, USA
Member #

If you're going with Baja Design lights, you can clear, solid and amber/yellow lens covers, so if you get the whites, and want amber, just put the amber/yellow lens covers over. Baja Designs also offers to change out the optics (main lens) so you can switch to amber main lens at a different time.

I personally went with white on all my baja design lights and got the clear and yellow covers for my ditch lights, and clear covers for my roof light bar.

Prerunner1982

US Southwest Region Member Rep

Influencer II

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

For ditch lights I would say clear, if you were mounting them lower on the bumper amber might be beneficial (rain/snow/dust/fog).

Delkat

Rank I

Traveler I

San Francisco Bay Area CA
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6AET
I have the white with the yellow covers. I would say the covers hold condensation and it reduces the amount of light output significantly if you don’t remove the covers and clear the condensation.

PNW EXPLR

Rank VI
Supporter +

Influencer II

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

I agree with the rest of the guys. Go with the white and run covers when needed for foul weather.