Disc Golf

• HTML tutorial

Luxolander

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orangevale
Member #

Here, in the vast space of the internet, is a place to share disc golf gear and courses. I find disc golf goes very well with overlanding. The gear doesn't take up much room and can be a good break on getting out of the rig on long trips. With courses all over the place you are bound to drive right by one. Added bonus, a good majority come with awesome scenery. It is also a great place to meet new local people, and with that, conversations that may lead you to new locations, trails, towns and some being..... "secret" spots.

How long have you been playing?
I've been playing for about 15 years. My game is still always improving, call it the bag of tricks.

What are some of your favorite disc's and brand?
I'm a big fan of Innova disc's, but as of late, there have been new emerging company's coming into the scene. I try to play them all and test out.

What are some of your favorite courses? And why?
Farmington, New Mexico. 27 holes of awesome terrain and complex shots. On my list to play again.

-

Trail Wonky

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bellingham WA
Member #

Hey DangerRanger!
Disc golf and off-roading are probably my two biggest passions. Been playing for about the same time 14-15 years. I used to play a lot of tournaments but don't as much these days, the competition has gotten fierce. Had hand surgery on my throwing hand this year so I have been out for awhile. But 2017 is a new year!

I am a big fan of the old DX plastic, but carry an arsenal of all kinds! The good old Cobra is my favorite, only because it is my bullet shot and have won some hole-in-ones with it.

My favorite course is Pender Island, located on one of the Canadian Gulf Islands in British Columbia. A short course but highly technical. Use to play there 2-3 times a year. Took 2nd place there at the BC Provincials in 2007!

But I also have my own course we call the Rink Ranch, 18 holes, 5 Baskets, 4 Tonals, two T-pads to each. If anyone is overlanding through Bellingham, hit me up and we can play a round. Also have a camp available to Overlanders!

Travel far, throw well!
IMG_3128.jpg IMG_7993.jpg

Last edited:

Luxolander

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orangevale
Member #

Hey DangerRanger!
Disc golf and off-roading are probably my two biggest passions. Been playing for about the same time 14-15 years. I used to play a lot of tournaments but don't as much these days, the competition has gotten fierce. Had hand surgery on my throwing hand this year so I have been out for awhile. But 2017 is a new year!

I am a big fan of the old DX plastic, but carry an arsenal of all kinds! The good old Cobra is my favorite, only because it is my bullet shot and have won many hole-in-ones with it.

My favorite course is Pender Island, located on one of the Canadian Gulf Islands in British Columbia. A short course but highly technical. Use to play there 2-3 times a year. Took 2nd place there, in the BC Provincials in 2007!

But I also have my own course on 10 acres, 18 holes, 5 Baskets, 4 Tonals, two T-pads to each. If anyone is overlanding through Bellingham, hit me up and we can play a round. Also have a camp available to Overlanders!

Travel far, throw well!
View attachment 12656 View attachment 12657

PNW is a awesome place to play. I bring a few discs with me when I travel to the Seattle/Bellevue area for work. I play the SeaTac course. Been wanting to venture further out next time. Got any recommendations on that area?

That's awesome you have your own "local" course! If I find my way up there I will for sure hit you up. 2018 planning on an trip to Alaska.

Good luck on the hand healing. I had elbow surgery a while back. Had to change my throwing style because of it, but I can say now, that it was for the better. My game has greatly improved because of it.

Reactions: Trail Wonky

Trail Wonky

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bellingham WA
Member #

Seatac is probably the most played and popular, not my cup of tea because of the big open expanses and long holes. I'm not a big arm thrower. I like Volunteer Park and Woodland Park. They are pretty nice, but there are others down that way. You will find them all online with reviews etc. I can't remember the last time I was in the Seattle area. Tend to stay away and in the northern counties and Canada.

Every year we say we're going to Alaska and unfortunately, it never happens. Have only flown to Anchorage and fished. Need a good chunk of time. I hope yours comes together and we see you through here in 2018 or sooner for a little disc golf.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luxolander

mcgrp01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portland, Oregon
Member #

Hey all! I've been playing here in the PDX area for about 5 years. Pier Park, Lunchtime, Timber Park, Milo McIver, Horning's Hideout... Lots of great courses, from mild to wild, here. Don't play as often as I'd like, but I sure do enjoy it when I can get out!

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Keep disc's in truck, playing since '99 off and on. Lots of courses in Indiana, just don't have the scenery, mostly deep woods and open fields in Midwest.
Have played in Tucson AZ, loved the desert play but the "Trees" bite.
Innova partial.
Anyone take travel baskets? Always like a little campfire putting action....

Luxolander

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orangevale
Member #

Keep disc's in truck, playing since '99 off and on. Lots of courses in Indiana, just don't have the scenery, mostly deep woods and open fields in Midwest.
Have played in Tucson AZ, loved the desert play but the "Trees" bite.
Innova partial.
Anyone take travel baskets? Always like a little campfire putting action....
I bring a mini basket and minis with me. I have one of the foldable full size baskets but it's just to much to pack on most trips. The mini basket is pretty challenging and gets some good use in the game of horse. Good entertainment.

T_Polo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Applewood, Lakewood, CO, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Markham
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy (veteran)
Hey guys, I'm new to the OB community. I've been off-roading for about 15 years, and playing disc golf for about 6. One of the best courses I've found that is a great combination of the two would be in Russel Gulch, CO. You can look up videos on YouTube. Love it.

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

PNW is a awesome place to play. I bring a few discs with me when I travel to the Seattle/Bellevue area for work. I play the SeaTac course. Been wanting to venture further out next time. Got any recommendations on that area?

That's awesome you have your own "local" course! If I find my way up there I will for sure hit you up. 2018 planning on an trip to Alaska.

Good luck on the hand healing. I had elbow surgery a while back. Had to change my throwing style because of it, but I can say now, that it was for the better. My game has greatly improved because of it.
If you go thru anchorage check out the Kincaid course. If its still there. Also the Peters Creek course bout half and hour outta skankorage.

jeepsnstuff

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sandia Park new mexico
Member #

I play disc golf sometimes, I grew Up playing makeshift disc golf using a regular discraft ultimate disc and calling out the hole (rock ,tree, pole) I still carry a disc in my jeep all the time for this. I have been contemplating buying a travel hole to take with me sometime and take a small bag 4-5 disc with me.

Anyone got a travel hole they use/like?

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I saw a great course in Colorado Springs a few weeks back, just before the turn off for Garden of the Gods ... Both me and my uncle were kicking ourselves for not having brought some discs with us, a mistake I won't make next time!

jeepsnstuff

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sandia Park new mexico
Member #

I ended up buying this one due to the light weight and easy setup/takedown. I shall see how it does.
Innova DISCatcher Traveler Target could not post amazon link.