SOLD Delete - Vehicle Sold

• HTML tutorial

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

So, tonight my local Toyota held an event for the guys, "Brews & Bolts". Free beer tasting, free maintenance advice and questionnaire. Just an overall good time. For shits and giggles, I had a sales rep price my 4Runner. Well they said a pretty great number on what I would get trade in wise for it. I have been considering going back to a pickup for awhile now despite enjoying my 4Runner. While it had a few perks for me, over the past year it has shown a lot of drawbacks and flaws that I did not enjoy.

So I said to hell with it, crunch numbers, let us see what could happen.

Wellll, I got a lower payment, better warranty, and a brand new pick up. Welcome "Ferus" which is Latin for "Savage", because this build is going to be sick when it starts! I am extremely excited to be in a Taco, I am extremely happy with this and looking forward to the good times!

NewTruck.jpg

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Nice looking truck! Ive always liked that color, already looks good but will look even better once the build gets going. What are your plans for it?

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Nice looking truck! Ive always liked that color, already looks good but will look even better once the build gets going. What are your plans for it?
After some posting around the forums and discussion, I really have to redo my plans. Haha. I was going to do the whole lift, bumpers, just everything. But the truck is extremely capable. First few days took it out on some minor trails to an area where I am trapping a beaver. So I will be looking at some skids and tires first. Then go from there. Roof rack and awning are a definite. Going to look for more camping gear and such.

Reactions: TerryD

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Looking to go and pick up tires in the next week. Thinking the KO2's. Seen good opinions on them, I was considering the Nittos but they don't seem to be a fan favorite here, not much talk about them compared to the KO2s or even the Duratacs. Going to try and get some 32's under it, that way if I eventually do a small lift or something it should look nice and still relatively fill the wheel well spacing. They wont look too small.

In the same breath, would it be bad to just beat up the street tires until I take a real out of the area trip and just get other equipment? Would that be dumb?

Last edited:

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

would it be bad to just beat up the street tires until I take a real out of the area trip and just get other equipment? Would that be dumb?
Actually, that would be smart. Those tires are paid for. I say be patient and just wear them out, you will be buying tires soon enough..........

Reactions: SeguineJ

Toyo4x4

Rank 0

Traveler I

Our rigs are brothers. Be interested to see how yours turns out, as opposed to mine. I use mine for camping and running down dirt/muddy roads. Not into the rocks as they tend to be harder on the body panels. As far as tires you might as well do it now. You are not going to want to wait the 2 years or more its going to take to wear the factory ones down.

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Our rigs are brothers. Be interested to see how yours turns out, as opposed to mine. I use mine for camping and running down dirt/muddy roads. Not into the rocks as they tend to be harder on the body panels. As far as tires you might as well do it now. You are not going to want to wait the 2 years or more its going to take to wear the factory ones down.
I think that's the plan. Get it done and go from there.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

So today I pulled the trigger on the bed rack.

I picked up the Relentless Fab 3 cross bar bed rack and did the tall to get the extra 4 inches high. I think this will be more than enough for what I need. I ordered them bare and I plan on having a little fun prepping and painting myself and adding some pop and color to the truck. Just something different.

Tires will be handled next week and will go from there.

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Also picked up this. Going to see if it can be modified to fit the rack and then I'll be set.

http://www.smittybiltdepot.com/Outdoor-Lifestyle-and-Camping/Smittybilt-Trail-Shade-Instant-Vehicle-Canopy-5662424.aspx?t_c=88&t_s=565&t_pt=9575&t_pn=S/B5662424&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&gclid=CjwKEAjw5M3GBRCTvpK4osqj4X4SJAABRJNCmR1JM1wZ59aBeSNw6wIgZABu7096ObU7gDvY_OnMixoC1xvw_wcB

Thought process here is that it comes from one small isolated point and fans out unlike the awnings. This would allow me to use it for the 5ft bed without extension since I won't have the rack above the cab.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

Looking good so far. Thats a nice bed rack.

I love my Ko2's. They have performed great in the snow. I think a 32 would look great on your rig.