Last Name
Fronefield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKE604
Service Branch
USAF Vet
Repost from my tundra forum.

So first let me start by saying I am not bashing Decked at all. There customer service has been amazing and they always makes things right. That being said........for those who have a system in place I just wanted to share my issue so you can look out for it. Have a system in my 2014 TundraCrew shortbed, been in less then a year and I noticed that the seam where the two top decks come together was starting to bow up when the drawers were extended. I have never done anything crazy with this system but do have to put up with washboard roads in New Mexico on a daily basis. Called customer service and they said to keep an eye on it and if it got bad they would send out replacment parts. Decided to pull the system out to take a better look and found that the last bolt mount next to the cab had sheered right off, called and talked with Ryan who without hesitation said they would send a new beam out. While putting it in my garage to wait for the new piece, I flipped it over and noticed that it had almost 100% failed on every cross member. In the picture, every piece of blue tape is a crack or break. Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.46.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.46.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.46.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.46.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.46.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-12 at 8.46.51 PM.png Again, quick call and they are making it right, but wanted to put it out there for people to check in case they are having issues similar to mine. Great company and I'm happy to keep using the system, but scary that it broke it so many places from mediocre use at best. Fingers crossed the last system was just made on a Friday before a three day weekend and the replacements are rock solid.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
That is unbelievable! So many cracks. I hope it was faulty production and your replacement holds up better. Kudos for giving them a second chance. I would probably ditch the product.

Reactions: bryceCtravels

bryceCtravels

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
Campbell
I've heard a lot of good things about Decked, I've seen them in person on job sites. I've also seen people use them as the basis for entire overloading setups. Definitely some people out there running harder than you, hope it's a one time thing but only time will tell.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
2 year old set with a couple hundred pounds of gear in them, another 150 pounds in totes on top plus other gear, still look as new. Drawers pull out with a single finger. Carried a pair of dirt bikes a few times. They seem indestructible to me.

Could this failure be model specific?

Enthusiast I

Rio Rancho, Sandoval County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Ivan
Last Name
Fronefield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKE604
Service Branch
USAF Vet
I’m honestly hoping it was just a bad batch. I received the actual replacement decks on Monday, and of course one was broken from shipping so I’m waiting on a second replacement, and the other box is playing the fedex game. New decks seem to have a redesign from the one I have for support along the aluminum rails. I’ll take a picture of the two for comparison. Hopefully I have everything in hand by the weekend so I can get it back in the truck and out of my garage.

QUOTE="madcratebuilder, post: 587721, member: 29790"]2 year old set with a couple hundred pounds of gear in them, another 150 pounds in totes on top plus other gear, still look as new. Drawers pull out with a single finger. Carried a pair of dirt bikes a few times. They seem indestructible to me.

Could this failure be model specific?[/QUOTE]

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Does not surprise me at all. Washboard roads will kill anything. Ask them if adding rubber isolators would help. I would think in my experience that anything hard mounted in the back of a flexible truck bed would not last very long in a environment like yours. It's a good company and I hope they help you out.
Zim