December 26th-30th Baja Mexico. Camping / Overlanding to Bahia de Los Angeles - 12/26/2017

• HTML tutorial

Jroettele

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Anaheim, CA
Member #

We will be following the 5 south from Mexicali thru San Felipe to Bahia de Los Angeles. We plan to stop the night at San Felipe (26th). Head in to Bahia the next day. We are planning on staying approximately 3 nights in Bahia. From there we are going to head north along the 1. There will be a stop for the night along the 1, TBD. Planning on Exiting Baja on the 31, just in time for the new years.

View Rally Point

Traveler I

Vancouver, bc, canada
Member #

Hey there. Im going to baja from canada dec18-jan5th
I have locations but not particular plan where i will be. It will be more of as it feels...
If you have garmin in reach or some cell contact.... Maybe we could cross somewhere

Jroettele

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Anaheim, CA
Member #

Hey there. Im going to baja from canada dec18-jan5th
I have locations but not particular plan where i will be. It will be more of as it feels...
If you have garmin in reach or some cell contact.... Maybe we could cross somewhere
Gearintoadventure. I have a Inreach on the christmas list. So I will have one soon. Send me a Message with your info and we can meet up.

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Sure sounds like a lot of OB members will be in Baja around the same time. Perhaps you can meet up with Michael's group. Not sure on the variations of everyone’s routes but hey.... Wish I could go. Maybe one day.

jbstrait

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle
Member #

Any travel reports?
  • The borders and all military checkpoints were fast.
  • The weather was warm (not hot) during the day and breezy at night.
  • There are whales at Ojo de Liebre Lagoon already, and more arriving daily. There were hardly any other visitors when we were there.
  • Camp Archelon in Bahia Del Los Angeles is nice, has bathrooms, showers, cabana's on the beach, and other like-minded travelers.

Reactions: Questy and Burrero