Death Valley 3-24 to 3-26

• HTML tutorial

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Keep an eye out for a large Nissan group. I will be leading and Maktruk, JeniorNV and JR D40 will be in the group of 10 Nissans.

3/24 we are planning on running from Panamint Springs to South Pass then Saline Valley Rd to Lippincott Rd and around to Furnace Creek. 3/25 we are headed to Mengel Pass and Goler Wash and back to Panamint Springs.

We are leaving the gas station in PS by 8:30 on fri the 24th.

Hope to see you guys out there!

Last edited:

SoCal-JKU14

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

We will be in Death Valley that same weekend in March and would be interested in meeeting up out there. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

Keep an eye out for a large Nissan group. I will be leading and Maktruk, JeniorNV and JR D40 will be in the group of 10 Nissans.

5/24 we are planning on running from Panamint Springs to South Pass then Saline Valley Rd to Lippincott Rd and around to Furnace Creek. 5/25 we are headed to Mengel Pass and Goler Wash and back to Panamint Springs.

We are leaving the gas station in PS by 8:30 on fri the 24th.

Hope to see you guys out there!
We'll have to check that out. I was thinking about heading north to check out Eureka dunes and then south on Saline Valley. Or hanging out around Panamint Valley and going over Goler Wash. Are you going in March or May. By May it's going to be pretty hot.

We will be in Death Valley that same weekend in March and would be interested in meeeting up out there. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
For sure.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

We'll have to check that out. I was thinking about heading north to check out Eureka dunes and then south on Saline Valley. Or hanging out around Panamint Valley and going over Goler Wash. Are you going in March or May. By May it's going to be pretty hot.
Yeah, I noted the wrong dates.... we are going to be there the same w/e as you are. I've edited my post to correct the dates.

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

Sorry. I'm still around.

It's starting to get pretty warm but it looks like it is going to cool off around the end of next week. Hopefully the weather holds out.

I'm still planning to get out there by late afternoon on friday and would like to get together.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I'll be camping at Panamint Springs CG wed, thu and sat night and at Texas Springs CG near Furnace Creek on fri.

Our group of 9 rigs will be leaving from the gas station in Panamint Springs btwn 8:15 - 8:30 Fri for a loop over Lippincott Rd to the racetrack and Ubehebe Crater then head down to the CG in Furnace Creek. Sat we will be leaving from Texas Springs CG by 8 and head S through Badwater and then through Warm Springs Canyon, over Mengel Pass and through Goler Wash to Ballarat before heading back to Panamint Springs CG.

Our group now consists of 2 Xterra's, 6 Frontiers and 1 FJ Cruiser.

Tag along with us if you'd like or stop by and say hi. Hope to see some fellow OBer's out there!

oklndovrlnd

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wow! I also am heading into death valley/ salene valley / around panamint etc this weekend with 3 other rigs. Leaving the bay area around 3 or 4 a.m. Friday morning!! Would love to meet up as well!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using OB Talk mobile app

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

So my neighbor and I have been discussing heading to Joshua Tree instead since neither of us have been there. It looks like everyone here that has responded is part of a group so we wont be leaving anyone on their own.

I would like to meet up with the other groups so we will figure out our plans by Thursday.

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

@BCBrian we are going to be camping Friday night at Warm Springs camp. We should up and ready to go by the time you guys get to the camp. Hopefully we can tag along if we are ready.

@SoCal-JKU14 @oklndovrlnd we will probably end up around wildrose canyon saturday night.

We will be in a silver Tacoma and a first gen tacoma with a flatbed. I'll try to keep my cb on channel 16 (isn't that the OB channel)?

Reactions: BCBrian