Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

The military suppliers to the US (and nato) for water and fuel cans are Scepter and LCI (and possibly others).

20l/5 gallon military cans and are the best most durable cans available. Best deal I have found (until now) were Scepter off of Amazon 2 for $75ish shipped.

Here is a link to buy LCI @$23.99 they also extended another 15% off on my first purchase, and there were no shipping charges to me in the USA. With tax 4 of them were slightly less than $89 , that is a screaming deal by any measure. They also have tan if you prefer that

If you are looking for or needing expedition grade water cans, that is a deal right there.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

The water jerrys made by LCI are great. I have four, as well as one from FRO with a tap in the bottom, and have used them extensively over the years, in just about every environment and climate. One I found in military surplus, stenciled with a Marine div mark (if I recall correctly); the three others bought new from LCI.

Below is a pic I made for an article on sanitizing.

You'll find articles and posts saying you have to upgrade these jerrys with O-rings, but I've found after considerable testing to not be true. In fact, proper-sized o-rings for the three spots possible (I bought bags of each to use and give away) tend to deform and prevent as good a seal as without. There is also a wide mouthed "wrench" available for the large cap, to secure tightly and loosen, though I have not seen them around for a while.

Buying from LCI also helps support their cause of helping "to create career opportunities for people who are blind and disabled." Great outfit,

watersanitize_1699-900.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Wow great deal! I am ordering

Reactions: bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

I'm not sure if this post just isn't being seen, or folks just don't recognize what a deal this is, or if they haul their water in plastic baggies like a pet store fish. But I'm bumping this simply because this is a fantastic deal on MWC's, basically half price and free shipping on the best water cans money can buy.

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

It is a good price.

I bought three from BuyLCI in July 2017, almost four years ago, at their then regular price of $24.79 ea.
One would expect that price to have gone up a good bit by now, not down .80/unit over four years. They are considerably more expensive elsewhere.

buyLCI-jerrys.png

These jugs are good, rugged, dependable containers and can be stored full of water upright, on their long sides, or flat without leaking if you crank those caps tight. No o-rings needed.

Having a wrench like below, though, is sure handy to both tighten and loosen when on the trail. I've cranked mine so tight by hand, then with temps changing had a hard time getting the caps off and wished I had one.

It works on the fill cap, spout cap, and vent cap. One user said it wasn't so great for their LCI jug, others love it. Not to be confused with the one they sell for military fuel containers.

watercanwrench.png

There's another wrench out there too, very similar from JAGMTE, though it only works on the fill cap.

waterjug-wrench-jagmte.png

Reactions: Ubiety and Mrprez

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Just paid more for two dispensing nozzles than two containers. Such is life!
Careful - if the nozzles are from the link in #12 post above, their description page says "Fits Scepter Military Water Cans Only - (Will NOT Fit LC Industries Water Cans)"

Be good to hear from anyone using this nozzle with the LCI MWCs. If they don't work, perhaps a slightly different thread or diameter.

Last edited:

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Careful - if the nozzles are from the link in #12 post above, their description page says "Fits Scepter Military Water Cans Only - (Will NOT Fit LC Industries Water Cans)"

Be good to hear from anyone using this nozzle with the LCI MWCs. If they don't work, perhaps a slightly different thread or diameter.
Very confusing. Some places are saying it fits LCI and plainly on the order info it says it doesn't. I canceled the order until I can figger this out.

Reactions: bgenlvtex and Road

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
Very confusing. Some places are saying it fits LCI and plainly on the order info it says it doesn't. I canceled the order until I can figger this out.
So, I just ordered 10 L Scepter/Black water container and dispenser nozzle for it. Should be useful as a shower/warm water and easy dispensing for kitchen use. I can refill it from the LCI containers if need be. And, I'll see how the fit is for the Scepter nozzle on the LCI stuff. Somebody ought to pass a law!! JK

Reactions: Road