Day trip suggestions from Edmonton?

• HTML tutorial

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
There’s a mostly gravel road adventure that goes from Fort Sask to Smokey Lake that snakes along the North Saskatchewan River. you can run it slowly in a morning and highway back home in time for a cold one in your backyard.

There’s also a fair bit of logging and O&G activity up near Athabasca, and a network of backroads to support it.

There’s also a few weekend-able trips out to Robb/Cadomin/Coalspur along the trunk road, but those are bigger bites in one day.

Verken1Studios

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
R
There’s a mostly gravel road adventure that goes from Fort Sask to Smokey Lake that snakes along the North Saskatchewan River. you can run it slowly in a morning and highway back home in time for a cold one in your backyard.

There’s also a fair bit of logging and O&G activity up near Athabasca, and a network of backroads to support it.

There’s also a few weekend-able trips out to Robb/Cadomin/Coalspur along the trunk road, but those are bigger bites in one day.
Thanks for the info, I will have to check out the first couple of places you suggested. A couple of weeks ago i actually did a a day trip up though Cadomin and the Cardinal Divide viewpoint, was a long day but a good one!

Reactions: ChasingOurTrunks

Overlanding-outpost

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Edmonton
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Szabadi
Member #

There is TORE which is an off-road park. Fort Assiniboine is also a day trip. Depends what you mean by day trip as others have gone down to waiparous or down the Ruby Falls trail in a day.

Depending on the weather and when you go Brazeau dam is another option.

Reactions: Verken1Studios

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Good stuff! I'm moving to a place near Edmonton in the next two days, so I'm very keen to find places to explore when I get there!