Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Did a day trip from Edmonton, AB to a place called Victoria Settlement which is a historic site near Edmonton. See my journey below though photos!

View attachment 212271

View attachment 212272

I love exploring old settlements, the dwellings, and how they chose to construct things.

The Post on Sill Construction image, in particular, is fascinating. Very cool that the fur traders favored the method as more efficient of shorter available timbers and that the buildings could be disassembled and moved!

Now I want to experiment with that sort of construction. Very cool.

Verken1Studios

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
R

I love exploring old settlements, the dwellings, and how they chose to construct things.

The Post on Sill Construction image, in particular, is fascinating. Very cool that the fur traders favored the method as more efficient of shorter available timbers and that the buildings could be disassembled and moved!

Now I want to experiment with that sort of construction. Very cool.
Yeah it was definitely cool exploring and seeing the old settlement, sometimes I feel like I forget to explore areas close to me lol this was a nice surprise!

Agreed the post on sill construction was very interesting! You will have to share some pictures if you make something!

Reactions: Road