Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

Good video. I have been running without my sway bar for the last 100K. Even tow my overland trailer. However I've been contemplating getting one of those.
I did the same for a while. I would highly recommend the Antirock. It’s a totally different would having that extra stability. I know exactly where your coming from.

Reactions: Drifterman

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

Provides loads of suspension articulation, and tunes the front and rear axles to work together. The result is a smoother more capable rig that is very stable off road and on road.
Googles Currie Antirock ASB

Ah! So, it is softer than stock, thus providing a smoother ride on uneven roads and more articulation offroad!

I am a big advocate of reducing ASB stiffness--or removing it entirely in some cases--to increase offroad comfort and performance. I took mine off my brand new F250 after one trip on a mild trail, heh.

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

Googles Currie Antirock ASB

Ah! So, it is softer than stock, thus providing a smoother ride on uneven roads and more articulation offroad!

I am a big advocate of reducing ASB stiffness--or removing it entirely in some cases--to increase offroad comfort and performance. I took mine off my brand new F250 after one trip on a mild trail, heh.
Yes! Not only is it softer, it’s also adjustable with the ability to adjust it to near stock resistance if that is needed.

The whole design is great!

I ran with no swaybar on an old tundra with king coil overs that I owned and this jeep for sometime haha!

I ran with no swaybar for years, as I have learned though. Some swaybar is important on jeeps with a short wheel base.

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

For sure. Technically, front ASBs are made much stiffer than rear ASBs to help prevent oversteering and spin-outs under emergency manuevering. Obviously, sliding sideways in a taller vehicle is one of the major causes of rollovers, so inducing understeer via a stiffer front ASB is the manufacturer's way of preventing that without negatively affecting small-bunp compliance. And, as you've found, with heavy loads and a short wheelbase, Jeeps are probably even more prone to rapid loss of control, so an ASB is probably a smart move under those conditions.