Lake ann, MI
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Hurlin
Member #

Hey gang,

Here is the build and some photos of the project

So we had a roof basket on our rig. And we are going with a RTT now so needed a new rack. We will be out fitting it with our side awning, a road shower, front and rear light bars, and up near the front is a half basket area for like a storage box or other odds and ends...

This maybe kind of over kill material wise.. but the tube is 1.5 inch aluminum tube. 1/8th wall thickness. Mounts and brackets are 1/8th aluminum plate. Over all size is 6ft long by 44" wide

Tig welded together , also used my tube notcher, fun project for sure

I will post photos soon of the done and fully equip rack

Excuse my lack of work space to many other projects

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Turbo Tara & Jalopy Jake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake ann, MI
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Hurlin
Member #

I like the rack....But, lets talk about the Caddy!
hahaha good eye ;) its a 61 series 62 4 door hardtop. its our " traditional Kustom" slightly lowered, wide whites, flake, lace and panel painted roof. besides exploring off road, the Wife and I are in to customs hot rods ect.. and live the "rockabilly life" the original motor gave up the gusto last year... have been working on a LS swap out of a 02 GMC 5.3 with 4L60E trans cannibalizing as much as I could from the truck for the swap... about 80 % done trying to have back on the road by this may... just small things left , driveshaft mod, finish exhaust , bolt starter in, coolant lines.. would have been done sooner but a fleet of 5 cars /project and life keep me too busy.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
hahaha good eye ;) its a 61 series 62 4 door hardtop. its our " traditional Kustom" slightly lowered, wide whites, flake, lace and panel painted roof. besides exploring off road, the Wife and I are in to customs hot rods ect.. and live the "rockabilly life" the original motor gave up the gusto last year... have been working on a LS swap out of a 02 GMC 5.3 with 4L60E trans cannibalizing as much as I could from the truck for the swap... about 80 % done trying to have back on the road by this may... just small things left , driveshaft mod, finish exhaust , bolt starter in, coolant lines.. would have been done sooner but a fleet of 5 cars /project and life keep me too busy.
Sound like a sweet ride. Would like to see a picture when you get it back on the road.

Turbo Tara & Jalopy Jake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake ann, MI
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Hurlin
Member #

A little more progress... ran out of argon last night ... cut my day short... hustled tonight with a snow storm coming here tomorrow not sure how much I'll be able to do just have to finish welding the front rail part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk