CrusaderZR2

Rank 0

Contributor II

Wichita Falls, TX, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Ingram
My Rig! 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Duramax. I have to say ever since purchae in November 2018 I have fallen in love with this truck, and every single time I drive it I love it even more. This rig never ceases to amaze me. Wether it be the 500-600 mile trek on a single tank or what its able to do in the rough stuff. It's an incredibly comfortable ride on or off road. I can not speak highly enough about this truck. And I am Extremely excited to have started the build on this thing. Hopefully some of you will follow along.

And of course my trusty little companion Sadie!

2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Duramax, Red Hot

Mods as of June 26th, 2019:

Custom Mid-Height Bedrack
Crusader Overland Extreme Recovery Boards w/ replaceable studs
Readylift Front Leveling Kit
Relations Race Wheels RR4-V - 17x9
Federal Couragia M/T - 285/70-17
Hackman's Customs Full Intact tuning
CBI Offroad Ditch Light Brackets
Extreme LED Side Shooter Ditch lights
Full LED light conversion

Once Crusader Overland comes out with their Roof Top Tent I will be purchasing that as well. Currently i use a camp-rite Tent cot and I do love it. and will probably always keep it with me as a back up. I should be getting a few different upgrades here in the next couple weeks that I will post photos of.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I'd really like to know how you are getting 500-600 miles on a tank. I know I carry more weight than you and have different aerodynamics due to my backbone platform and bedrack, but I've never gotten better than 19 mpg
Duramax and lower highway speeds will do it. :)

Reactions: CrusaderZR2

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
You had me at Sadie and I guess nice rig too. Welcome! I would love to have that mpg. Not happening right now. I just watched a YouTube video on a 3.5L Diesel Silverado coming out next year. I could go for that.

CrusaderZR2

Rank 0

Contributor II

Wichita Falls, TX, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Ingram
Thanks everyone! And welcome to the build thread.

Sadie is my partner in adventure and crime. :) Weird mix but she is a brendle boxer and Aussie mix. So she loves to be lazy, and to play.

@emulous74 I am tuned by Hackman's Customs. Before the tuning I was getting around 400 miles to a tank. Give or take around 25 miles. But after the tuning according to the terrain I'm seeing mainly around 500plus or minus 25. And when all highway seeing about 575ish. My full capacity with me Sadie and all our equipment is around 1000lbs.

Reactions: Old Griz

AnywhereInTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
Love these ZR2's. I would get one if it had a better towing capacity...but then again you can't have that awesome suspension and towing capacity. Didn't realize the small Duramax had that small of a tank. My EcoDiesel gets 700-800 per 26 gallon tank on the highway.

Reactions: CrusaderZR2

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I think it's time to get a texas wide Colorado g2g, would love to see all the rigs in person.
Im down, maybe have a meet in waco or somewhere in central texas so everyone dont feel like its too far for em. I have had a lot of folks in dfw tell me broken bow is too far for them to go on a daytrip.

Zr2bison

Rank 0

Contributor I

New Jersey, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
scrofine

Cory B

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cullman
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Britton
Member #

I just purchased my 2019 ZR2 a month ago today. I love this truck and can’t wait to start modding it. I am waiting for the warranty to run out though.View attachment 112470
Can't blame you for that. I had a 04 z71 Colorado I lifted back in the day. Wheel bearing went out and they told me they
could void the warranty due to the mods and tires. Luckily they did it anyway. More than capable in stock form. 10-defender-4-2.jpeg

CrusaderZR2

Rank 0

Contributor II

Wichita Falls, TX, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Ingram
I think it's time to get a texas wide Colorado g2g, would love to see all the rigs in person.
I agree we do ned to get something together! Maybe we can meet in central TX like you said, or Maybe Gilmer? at the Offroad park there? I forgot the name of it right now. Barnwell I think? But I am down to meet anywhere.

There is an overland meet in Coppell tomorrow at the 4 wheel Parts. I'll be there, so if you are there swing by and say hello!

CrusaderZR2

Rank 0

Contributor II

Wichita Falls, TX, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Ingram
Beautiful truck, just got my diesel bison a month ago , new to this, what rack are you using on the bed
Congrats on the purchase! My rack is a custom built one, My biggest sell point was being half height, and being able to keep my full size spare in the bed but elevated, and table rack so I still had the entire bed surface for all my equipment. I have a RTT planned for it as well. only downside I have found with this rack, is that your rear view mirror is useless with the spare tire where I have mine located.

Reactions: Zr2bison

CrusaderZR2

Rank 0

Contributor II

Wichita Falls, TX, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Ingram
I just purchased my 2019 ZR2 a month ago today. I love this truck and can’t wait to start modding it. I am waiting for the warranty to run out though.View attachment 112470
Very Nice and congrats! I LOVE my truck, and I think you will as well. Modding isnt a bad thing. only certain things chevy will give you grief over. Mine is fine so far. They havent said anything about it. get out and enjoy that baby!