Creating a Trail Cleanup with Rally Point

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Michael

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Guardian II

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, there is a special Rally Point event type called the Trail Guardian Trail Cleanup. Members and non-members may create this type of event. You create it just like a regular Rally Point, and can invite people in the area. It will automatically include a special icon on the Member Map, trailguardianIcon.png and include information on the program. People who participate in the cleanup will get a Trail Guardian Challenge Coin from Overland Bound.

Use this link to create a Trail Guardian Cleanup Event

M

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Love this! We definitely need more of this. This never comes off my vehicle. It is a part of who I am now. A label that I have put on myself.

IMG_5769.JPG

I have contacted our local Forestry Service and have asked them where would be a good place for us to go and have an organized cleanup...after their initial shock of someone wanting to help, they immediately volunteered to send me maps of the area that needed the most attention.

Organizations such as this offer a great way for like-minded people to be able to find each other and get to know others that share the same hobbies as they do. But it should also greatly emphasize taking care of our greatest assets we have (besides each other)...our National Forests, Parks, roads and trails.

This is one of the main reasons I enjoy Overland Bound so much is that it offers us a way to get together and give something back. Great job on making it even better. I am honored to have received this coin. And I hope in the future that many others have it as well.
IMG_5700.JPG IMG_5701.JPG
BROfessor Out

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Member #

Love this! We definitely need more of this. This never comes off my vehicle. It is a part of who I am now. A label that I have put on myself.

View attachment 53555

I have contacted our local Forestry Service and have asked them where would be a good place for us to go and have an organized cleanup...after their initial shock of someone wanting to help, they immediately volunteered to send me maps of the area that needed the most attention.

Organizations such as this offer a great way for like-minded people to be able to find each other and get to know others that share the same hobbies as they do. But it should also greatly emphasize taking care of our greatest assets we have (besides each other)...our National Forests, Parks, roads and trails.

This is one of the main reasons I enjoy Overland Bound so much is that it offers us a way to get together and give something back. Great job on making it even better. I am honored to have received this coin. And I hope in the future that many others have it as well.
View attachment 53556 View attachment 53557
BROfessor Out
I thought you might be one of the first to comment here . . . you've done a great job leading by example.

Would you consider writing a short piece for this part of the forum showing others how they, too, can organize local trail and public land clean-ups in their area? Things you've learned from clean up efforts you've led, how to organize a clean up, what you typically take along, how and who to contact, and any other tips that may help others. Doesn't need to be huge or overly lengthy; just what you've found helpful along the way.

I'd make it as a Post New Thread in https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/local-trail-cleanup-events-trail-guardian.145/ - Then we'll make it a sticky at the top.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I thought you might be one of the first to comment here . . . you've done a great job leading by example.

Would you consider writing a short piece for this part of the forum showing others how they, too, can organize local trail and public land clean-ups in their area? Things you've learned from clean up efforts you've led, how to organize a clean up, what you typically take along, how and who to contact, and any other tips that may help others. Doesn't need to be huge or overly lengthy; just what you've found helpful along the way.

I'd make it as a Post New Thread in https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/local-trail-cleanup-events-trail-guardian.145/ - Then we'll make it a sticky at the top.

I'll be glad to do whatever you need. I'll try and put something together in the next few days. Thank you for the complement and thank you for asking me to do this.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Member #

I'll be glad to do whatever you need. I'll try and put something together in the next few days. Thank you for the complement and thank you for asking me to do this.
Absolutely, @theBROFESSOR, you're very welcome. Your help here and suggestions to others are greatly appreciated.

Let me know if I can be of any help in putting it together, or if you want a read-through before posting, or if I can be of help in any other way.

Inthewoods

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Porterville, CA
Member #

Michael, how can I request one of those Guardian sticker or coin? I think the coin and sticker looks great. That is a great way to show people that we care about our mountains and trails. I've done all the trials that are in central valley as a off-Roader now I'm an Overlander. I went on Father's Day for the Clovis Independent Club clean up on Bald Mountain this year and that's where I had the fortune to meet you and your family. I'm not sure about all the requirements for that sticker so I will follow the article on this.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Influencer II

Placerville, CA
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
Michael, how can I request one of those Guardian sticker or coin? I think the coin and sticker looks great. That is a great way to show people that we care about our mountains and trails. I've done all the trials that are in central valley as a off-Roader now I'm an Overlander. I went on Father's Day for the Clovis Independent Club clean up on Bald Mountain this year and that's where I had the fortune to meet you and your family. I'm not sure about all the requirements for that sticker so I will follow the article on this.
PM sent

Jimswpa

Rank I

Traveler I

Greensburg, PA, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
KB3MPZ
Keeping the trash cleaned off trails is very important. Things left behind not only looks bad. It’s not good for the environment and could have ill effects on local plants and animals. These days some plastic will biodegrade but it takes years! Loosing the use of public lands because of trash and other damage is never good.
Not everyone follows the rules of carry out whatever they carry in.

Reactions: Mateoblagana

BlueLineOverland

Rank VI

Influencer II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

View attachment 53555

View attachment 53556 View attachment 53557
BROfessor Out

Lets get together and plan another one. Talked to Lt. Sisk with Game and Fish and there are MANY places in need of help. Lets get some people together when it warms up!!!!

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Pathfinder II

Wolfe City, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I started an cleanup event this saturday in hochatown and my wife and i are the only ones who showed up. Do we still qualify for the coins or a decal since no one else came ?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Influencer II

Placerville, CA
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
I started an cleanup event this saturday in hochatown and my wife and i are the only ones who showed up. Do we still qualify for the coins or a decal since no one else came ?
As long as you follow the instructions for a trail guardian event.

Overland Bound Trail Guardian Program
To help spread the word and encourage these principles, Overland Bound is introducing the Trail Guardian program. To get a free Guardian challenge coin*:
  1. Organize a cleanup day. If you are an Overland Bound member, we encourage you to use Rally Point to share the event with others.
  2. Take a “before” and “after photo”, including the trash that was removed, and post it to Instagram to show what you did!
  3. Tag @overlandbound in the photo and hashtag #trailguardian with a simple message about conservation.
We will send you a Guardian challenge coin absolutely free.
Leave it better than you found it.

Last edited:

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Pathfinder II

Wolfe City, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

As long as you follow the instructions for a trail guardian event.

Overland Bound Trail Guardian Program
To help spread the word and encourage these principles, Overland Bound is introducing the Trail Guardian program. To get a free Guardian challenge coin*:
  1. Organize a cleanup day. If you are an Overland Bound member, we encourage you to use Rally Point to share the event with others.
  2. Take a “before” and “after photo”, including the trash that was removed, and post it to Instagram to show what you did!
  3. Tag @overlandbound in the photo and hashtag #trailguardian with a simple message about conservation.
We will send you a Guardian challenge coin absolutely free.
Leave it better than you found it.
Well never mind i do not use instagram or any other social media. I started a rally point and pics.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Pathfinder II

Wolfe City, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Well i tried following the link from my post and it takes me to someone elses now. The event happened yesterday 29th its called hochatown clean the green. Even though i followed the trail guardian link provide at top of page the clean up posted in event forum

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Influencer II

Placerville, CA
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
Well i tried following the link from my post and it takes me to someone elses now. The event happened yesterday 29th its called hochatown clean the green. Even though i followed the trail guardian link provide at top of page the clean up posted in event forum
If I can find the RP and pictures I will post for you on IG