Couple days n the ozarks

• HTML tutorial

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
Headed to the ozarks with my bride last week. Our first time in the area and my queen wasn’t staying in a tent. The cabin sure was more comfortable. Figured I would share some pics with everyone.

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
Stayed in Lamar. Took falling water road and ended up at the woolum crossing on the buffalo river and couldn’t cross due to high water. Also checked out car wash falls and made a loop down hurricane trail back to the highway. Rode Indian creek back to hwy 7 and also went back to spainhour falls. Only had 3 days so we bounced around north of Russellville as much as we could. Planning on taking my boy up there for a few days on an overland trip now. Will have to try to get pics up when I get better cell signal

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Finally got some signal.
great pics. what area is that? we are going to go up to the buffalo river area and camp for thanksgiving, so i was wondering if you are in that area and did you see any good camp sites and kayak areas? the wife and i did our first arkansas trip in june and was up on the mulberry river and liked it and heard the buffalo is even better.

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
We came in from the south along falling water road and ended at woolum crossing on the buffalo river. It is in the first set of pic. Only muddy river we saw. We were on the south side but the river was too high to cross. U can camp along the river and a nice area to camp on the north side coming in from st. Joe. Or there are a lot of camping spots south of there along falling water road. I have it all on Gaia if u want it

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
We stayed in Lamar and rode within 2 hours of there. Farthest we went was st joe to the north. Lot of beautiful country between there. The buffalo river would b good for kayaking, not so sure about any other one we crossed. They were real shallow. There is a place called “sams throne” on hwy 123 that has a nice camp site and not far from the river. Or if u want to get away I would just stay at woolum crossing.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
We came in from the south along falling water road and ended at woolum crossing on the buffalo river. It is in the first set of pic. Only muddy river we saw. We were on the south side but the river was too high to cross. U can camp along the river and a nice area to camp on the north side coming in from st. Joe. Or there are a lot of camping spots south of there along falling water road. I have it all on Gaia if u want it
thanks. definitely a nice area. i dont know what gaia is, i pretty much find a general area and wing it and sometimes the wife can use her phone gps app to get us close to things, but im definitely not up on nav aids and such. i found the woolum trailhead on google, so i can find my way to that area. cant wait to head up there! thanks again for the reply and pics!