First Name
Marco
Last Name
Maga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TBD
Greetings all.

Anyone run the corrall hallow trail from the opposite end by the Cal Trans cabbage patch maint station?
Going to this week and have read that from the trail head, it's badly rutted.

Any suggestions for posting up near nearby water?
Thanks

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
To clarify, are you thinking of running the trail from West to East? That direction is generally easier, but I haven't run it this year so I can't speak to current trail conditions. It's entirely possible that people went through early in the season while the trail was wet and dug ruts, which would be unfortunate.

As for camping or hanging out near water in that area, here are some options to look into.
- Highland Lakes
- Utica Reservoir
- Union Reservoir
- Spicer Reservoir
- Lake Alpine
- Creekside campsites at both North and South ends of the Slickrock Trail
- Established campsite at the west end of Sourgrass trail, or dispersed camping at the east end
- Near the river crossing on the Deer Valley trail (challenging)

If you are looking for a place to camp there's the popular spot on the east side of Corral Hollow, I also like camping on top of the Calaveras Dome.

- Matt

Reactions: shansonpac

MarcoM

Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, USA
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Maga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TBD
To clarify, are you thinking of running the trail from West to East? That direction is generally easier, but I haven't run it this year so I can't speak to current trail conditions. It's entirely possible that people went through early in the season while the trail was wet and dug ruts, which would be unfortunate.

As for camping or hanging out near water in that area, here are some options to look into.
- Highland Lakes
- Utica Reservoir
- Union Reservoir
- Spicer Reservoir
- Lake Alpine
- Creekside campsites at both North and South ends of the Slickrock Trail
- Established campsite at the west end of Sourgrass trail, or dispersed camping at the east end
- Near the river crossing on the Deer Valley trail (challenging)

If you are looking for a place to camp there's the popular spot on the east side of Corral Hollow, I also like camping on top of the Calaveras Dome.

- Matt
Thanks Matt.
Your assumption was correct about starting the trail from west to east.
In the end I did it west to east and then back again. In between just camped at the look out and at bear trap cabin.
Then on the way back to SF stopped at Wolfeboro BSA camp area just to go in the water but was awfully busy and simply turned around and left.
Thanks again for the suggestions.

Attachments