Corral Hollow - Bear Valley Area during March...

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

AL.WVSN

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

Hey y'all - I'll be snowboarding next week around Bear Valley, I was wondering if Corral Hollow is open and doable during March? Or are there any spots around Bear Valley to check out for trails?

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
According to the forest service there is currently 4-8 feet of snow on the trail. From the backside at Bear Valley you can see across to Blood Ridge (popular camping spot on the trail), when I was up there (at Bear, not on the trail) a few weeks ago there was a lot of snow on the ground.

The trail might also be closed for the season to prevent resource damage, I recommend contacting a Stanislaus NF ranger office to get details.

Reactions: AL.WVSN

AL.WVSN

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

The water crossing looks a lot less rough than it has been the last few years, did you make it all the way to the end?

It's marked as Rattlesnake Creek Road on Google maps.
Ill be there either Friday or Sat morning. Ill report back and get some footages...

Reactions: slomatt

dpurdy85

Rank I

Contributor II

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Purdy
Member #

The water crossing looks a lot less rough than it has been the last few years, did you make it all the way to the end?

It's marked as Rattlesnake Creek Road on Google maps.

I had to stop towards the end just before the last small rock garden to winch my buddy back out. His rear end blew out. Next time for sure though!

Reactions: slomatt