Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Gilroy, CA
First Name
Jarad
Last Name
Derosa
Member #

For those of you that have done the full coral hollow loop, can it be done in a full size 4 door F-150 lifted without damage or problems? Experienced driver wants to know. Father in laws truck so I don't want to risk damage. Thanks in advance

Garlic Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Gilroy, CA
First Name
Jarad
Last Name
Derosa
Member #

Well I went in the north side of the loop and gave it a shot but I don't think I made it in 1/2 a mile before I called it quits. There are a couple rock gardens that just wasn't worth the risk for me. I would say with the right line and some underside banging it could be done but with a truck that large it limits your lines tremendously. Bummed but happy to get out unscathed. I'm sure like any trail it is different every year but you could clearly see in the spot I decided not to try that other had been digging holes from being twisted up and debris being put it to try and fill them to get past. Guess I'm just going to have to bring the locked and lifted Jeep to finally make it around the loop! Some of you may remember that last year I tried to get to the camp spot / overlook in my MDX which was fine until after Bear Trap Basin. The uphill tree section denied me and it has the scars to prove it.