Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
The AT3's have been on my GX for a month now, and have 2800 miles on them. Useage: 1. daily commutes, 2. 500 mile interstate run in a driving rain storm, 3. 300 mile run to the Bankhead NF with about 40 miles on NF roads and two-track, very sloppy, while towing a trailer, and 4. one day of significant icing on daily commute highway. Also, the AT3's were upsized to 265 70R17.
Conclusions: 1st- mileage didn't suffer as much as I had expected with around town in the 17-18 mpg range. My big interstate run averaged 19.7 mpg at a constant 70 mph. My NF run on mainly 2 lane highways while towing averaged 19.4 mpg. Back country two-track slop saw mileage drop to 16.5. 2nd- the road handling in heavy rain was exceptional and dry highway handling was a non event. BUT, the GX does brake in a significantly shorter distance than it did with the Pirelli's, an unexpected bonus. The 1 day of ice was no problem with only a few isolated patches encountered so not really enough to give a decent impression. No snow encountered. Handling in the muddy conditions was fine but they ain't mud grips. Having said that, they are better in mud than my former BFG AT's were.
Conclusion: I'm well pleased with their performance and it seems they were a good compromise tire for my needs.

Reactions: bawesomfels

Dirty Ape

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springboro, Ohio, United States
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Glad to see you had a good experience! My buddy went through 3 sets in a month, tires would not balance properly...switched to another brand reluctantly. Must have been a bad bad batch is all I can think...