Consolidate Costway 54qt Fridge Reviews Here Please!

• HTML tutorial

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I am the proud owner of a Costway 54qt fridge and was just wondering what kind of performance is everyone getting out them? What settings give you the best performance? I'm about to start using mine more and will test it and put my reviews here too. Hopefully some of you have tested yours already and have some data to provide.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Nobody has any input on what settings work best? I guess I'll have to read the instructions again and do some testing, right now finding the time has been a challenge!

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I've found adjusting the temperature to 34° will yield a little freezing on anything touching the bottom sides within a few days. I'd rather error on the side of frost than spoiled food. Granted, I've never seen more than a 3° swing in temperature with the fridge loaded. I have not altered any other settings since the factory setting seem to be working for me.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Cool, I don't think I've changed the factory setting but can't remember what is, will have to check that when I get home. This weekend will be the first weekend I use it outside the house for a work weekend trip to MS in preparation for hunting season!

Funmobile

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yuba City
Member #

I am using the Costway 42 quart and could not be happier. I am powering it off a Goal Zero Yeti 400 and it has been a great combination. Both are mounted in the rear of my wrangler, with a dedicated 12v plug, to charge the Yeti. I am happy to give install and wiring specifics to anyone interested. In hot weather, the Yeti will keep the fridge running at 35 degrees for 12-14 hrs., with no input. At camp, I am using a Boulder 100 (Goal Zero) which has worked perfectly, to keep the Yeti fully charged before the sun sets. This winter, when I have less solar availabaility, I may add an additional AGM battery (can be daisy chained to the Yeti) for additional watt hours, however I may not need it due to lower ambient temperature which would cause the compressor to run less.

Reactions: Minion

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I used my 54 qt over the weekend during my trip to MS and it worked great! Ran it off my Flexopower 444 and it worked great too! I only ran it off the Flexopower 444 for about 8 hours before I plugged it into A/C power on the back deck. In 90 degree heat in the shade though it had no problem keeping the temp at 34 degrees!