Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Getting closer so if you are interested please RSVP on the rally point above. Also message me with an email address so I can send out the details.

Thanks!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, Overland Bound Meet-up conducted its spring Long Canyon Trail Maintenance and cleanup June 2&3; This trail is in the El Dorado National Forest starting just south of Kyburz and ending just south of Strawberry at aprox 7000'. The Sierra Foothills Overlanders adopted this USFS trail and conducts 4 maintenance/cleanup runs each year.

Ten members conducted a maintenance of the trail consisting of the removal of trees that had fallen across the trail during the winter, installing new USFS signs (10), cleaning 5 dispersed campsites, cleaning the inflow to all the culverts and educating the public about the trail.

One of our member's had a tree branch go through a transmission cooling line, but with expert field repairs by Dave D (DaveD) and Jeff N the rig was able to get down the trail. Everyone can learn from this incident - have lots of different types of patching material and carry extra fluids. Also know the capabilities of all the members on a run you never know what you might need help with.

Dave D. was promoted to Trail Boss for the Long Canyon Trail taking the reins from Kent R. who is taking on new responsibilities.

New FS Road 10N21 Cal OHV Trail sign.
IMG_3983.JPG 20180602_093046.jpg

Jim F cutting one of many trees across the trail.
IMG_2263.jpeg

Aaron C. talking on the radio about his jeep that took a branch to the transmission cooler line.
20180602_141546.jpg

David D. and Jeff N. working some trail magic!!!
IMG_2271.jpeg

All the culvert pipes cleaned
20180602_105316.jpg

Saturday night fire. Camp was at 5990' so it was cool.
IMG_4003.JPG

Breakfast Sunday morning. Got to use the Skottle I got from Bob B, Thanks Bob!!
20180603_075507.jpg

Debrief next to the injured jeep
20180603_094245.jpg

Trail Guardian sticker and challenge coin given to Dave D. for his promotion to Long Canyon Trail Boss and all his hard work getting the injured jeep off the trail. Dave is taking over for Kent R.
IMG_4013.jpg

Thanks to everyone who helped!!!
@Michael @Del Albright

Last edited:

Flygeoguy51

Rank I

Contributor III

Thanks for the hard work! I am happy to hear that the JK was able to be fixed and get down the hill. I really hope no permanent damage came to his transmission. I was in the 86 4runner behind you folks. I wish I could have offered more help!

Thanks again for the hard work cleaning things up and being great ambassadors.

Reactions: MBroenkow and DaveD

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the hard work! I am happy to hear that the JK was able to be fixed and get down the hill. I really hope no permanent damage came to his transmission. I was in the 86 4runner behind you folks. I wish I could have offered more help!

Thanks again for the hard work cleaning things up and being great ambassadors.
Thanks Jesse, hope to see you at our meetings.

Reactions: Flygeoguy51

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Big thumbs up guys ! Ill need to watch the forums more often- For us jeep guys how did that branch get to where it did?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Big thumbs up guys ! Ill need to watch the forums more often- For us jeep guys how did that branch get to where it did?
He has no idea, all he remembers is running over a branch then the jeep stoped.

Flygeoguy51

Rank I

Contributor III

He has no idea, all he remembers is running over a branch then the jeep stoped.
I was behind them and I ran over the same stick in my 4runner and it thumped the underside of my rig. The stick was perpendicular across the trail and my front passenger tire ran over the far right edge of the stick. This caused it to jump up into the middle of my rig. I'd guess he did the same thing and it hit his transmission line.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I was behind them and I ran over the same stick in my 4runner and it thumped the underside of my rig. The stick was perpendicular across the trail and my front passenger tire ran over the far right edge of the stick. This caused it to jump up into the middle of my rig. I'd guess he did the same thing and it hit his transmission line.
He said it was $750 to fix

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

Kent & Team

For your work on this trail, I would like to give someone a membership in Sharetrails/BlueRibbon Coalition.
Attached is the membership form.
Please fill it out, or send me the basic info I need, and then I will sent it to the office with my payment information.

Good work on maintaining the trail and the cleanup work done.

We need to post this information in other places than just the forum here.

@Del Albright
If we can highlight this work on the Sharetrails Facebook page somehow?
I think highlighting the work of people to maintain trails, shows that we all care for the forest and public lands.

Thanks

Todd

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kent & Team

For your work on this trail, I would like to give someone a membership in Sharetrails/BlueRibbon Coalition.
Attached is the membership form.
Please fill it out, or send me the basic info I need, and then I will sent it to the office with my payment information.

Good work on maintaining the trail and the cleanup work done.

We need to post this information in other places than just the forum here.

@Del Albright
If we can highlight this work on the Sharetrails Facebook page somehow?
I think highlighting the work of people to maintain trails, shows that we all care for the forest and public lands.

Thanks

Todd
I will msg you about this.