Coleman Oven

• HTML tutorial

Xcountry

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SF Bay Area
Member #

Any user tips?? Just bought one. Eager to try it on our CA to GA trip in a couple weeks. Thanks for the post. Any user tips?? Thx, Chris

Reactions: terryg

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I've got one but have never used it. I guess I need to break it out and give it a go sometime.

4S50

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Stef
It works well, be careful with the sharp edges setting it up. It is pretty easy to let the temperature get away from you, so you need to watch it until it stabilizes. Also, we have found that it travels best stored it its original box. We have made cookies, tamale pie, cobbler and some other stuff and really like it. It will hold a 6 pack of muffins!

Raptors garage

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alsager, Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Member #

that colemans oven is awesome...i have never seen one before but i have got to get one as we have a colemans stove and use it all the time when we are overlanding and it is my favourite way of cooking...

Reactions: 9Mike2

kickkem

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Independence, MO
Member #

I have owned one for decades. I usually place it on top of a single burner stove and work the throttle to make the temp stabilize. This can take some time and a whole lot of finesse. I often use it to make biscuits to go with camp sausage gravy, sometime biscuits from scratch, depending on my tired / energy / bloody Mary level. I have made bread in it before, as well as butter milk blueberry scones, which came out very well. For bread or anything that requires 30 minutes of baking, I believe the dutch oven works much better and easier.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Jube

TacoBox

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

South San Francisco
Member #

I love mine, I made brownies at 2 am while waiting for motorcycles at my pit during the Baja 1000. When a crashed rider stopped in and I offered him a hot brownie he was wondering exactly how bad his crash was. Just watch the heat initially things tend to get a little crispy on the bottom. Photo Nov 16, 03 26 11.jpg Photo Nov 16, 03 26 16.jpg

kickkem

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Independence, MO
Member #

I love mine, I made brownies at 2 am while waiting for motorcycles at my pit during the Baja 1000. When a crashed rider stopped in and I offered him a hot brownie he was wondering exactly how bad his crash was. Just watch the heat initially things tend to get a little crispy on the bottom. View attachment 41023 View attachment 41024
What a great story! How cool is that?

Reactions: TacoBox and TerryD

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

016.JPG I think its a great addition to the camp kitchen. I done a few mod's to mine to help the efficiency. Purchasing a welding blanket & cutting (3 sides only) it to fit & helps keep more of the heat in the oven when baking or roasting . I also added a digital thermometer instead of trusting the factory one. I got the blanket idea off a feller from you tube who stated that his Coleman oven performs far more efficient now & the stove burner setting isn't is high which saves on fuel. The digital thermometer is far more accurate & is designed to be closed & used in over or offset BBQ pits & can withstand the cable shut in the door w\o damage. The welding blanket will not burn its good up to 1400 degrees. I kept mine off the stove about a inch on 3 of the sides.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I just used mine for the first time a few weeks ago. I was wanting to test it out and had some bagel bites in the freezer so I set my table and stove up on the porch. Even fired my 50's 228E up to provide some light as the sun went down.

20180221_182224.jpg

BlackSheepExpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Maiden North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Bellesfield
Member #

I just used mine for the first time a few weeks ago. I was wanting to test it out and had some bagel bites in the freezer so I set my table and stove up on the porch. Even fired my 50's 228E up to provide some light as the sun went down.

View attachment 50658
We make everything in ours. Especially Biscuits and Cobbler. Many uses just keep an eye on even cooking. Keep most things in the middle section.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: 9Mike2 and TerryD

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
After seeing the Camp Oven that @TxRanger3006 has I started looking into them and stumbled across the Coleman Camp oven. I'll be purchasing one of these to use on the Grill side of my Coleman Grill Stove combo and will adopt the welding blanket hack too!

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

After seeing the Camp Oven that @TxRanger3006 has I started looking into them and stumbled across the Coleman Camp oven. I'll be purchasing one of these to use on the Grill side of my Coleman Grill Stove combo and will adopt the welding blanket hack too!
The Mac daddy of ovens right here.

Attachments