Finally had time to take the Suburban to the shop to have the auxiliary lighting rigged up. I went with an AuxPower 6-Gang Control from Amazon. It seems to be decent quality, but I would have liked to have found a unit that could support a higher amp load. One of the 10 amp terminals got messed up as well with little pressure.
It works well and has an auto-dimming sensor so that its not distracting at night.
I had them wire up the five on the light bar as one, the two 100w Hellas on the front bumper as one, the two front side cubes as one, and two rears as one. I like the setup and I'm pleased with the light output.
Got the whip antenna and mount all setup! The tie-down point fit perfectly between two light housings on the lightbar. I used a ziptie just as a precaution to prevent the antenna from backing out on its own.
Yeah luckily new bumper covers aren't much for these and black is easy to match if theres any major damage. I'm looking to see if they make a metal version of that plastic skid plate that you can see in your picture.
Today I decided to tackle the sound dampening material that I ordered through Amazon. I bought two 10 packs of 14.5x10. Each pack weighs 7.3 pounds. It was easy to cut down and the adhesive worked well.
I did both rear wheel wells, the underside of the slide out tray, part of the rear roof, and all four doors. I can definitely tell the difference and I'm pleased with the results vs the cost.