Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Just moved to Chattanooga from Charlotte. Looks like there's quite a few members in the area based on the maps. Anyone up for a meetup soon? Maybe we can start to get some trips planned with new folks.

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
Hello from a neighbor to the north. I used to live in Chattanooga myself a number of years back. Now I am just a few blocks off 27 but an hour and a half north of you. Sorry I did not respond sooner, I have been inactive for a while. Perhaps when fuel prices come back down a li'l we might get to do some wheelin' together.

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
I'm about 1.5 hrs away and would like to have a meetup and plan some trips.

M Chattanooga

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

I somehow just saw your message from last September -- and would be excellent to meet up. I've met a couple of other Overland Bound members in Chattanooga -- we got together in Common House, which is sort of club on Mitchell Ave -- but would love to meet anywhere.

I'm usually close to Chattanooga but sometimes I'm a couple hours north of here and can meet up where you are next time in the area.

Sorry for the delay in responding -- don't know why I just saw the message from last September but good to meet you by internet and yes would be excellent to meet in person.

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
sounds like we have the makings of a group to get together... I have a thread for the Knoxville area I started earlier this year, but had not paid attention to due to interference from real life... I actually just finished writing a post there that was telling bcmedicxj that I was hoping if we could get something going in the Knoxville area that we would consider finding someplace further south along 75 so Chattanooga folk could participate as well... Maybe get something regular going early 2023 where the two areas get together at someplace reasonably neutral so neither side has to drive too far for a meet and greet type activity.

Mark and Jason appear to be inactive ATM (but I have been quite a lot this year too) but the rest of us still appear to be alive and well...

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
So... To keep things moving... what are you interested in developing here? Just a rides and coffee type meet n greet? A restaurant invasion??? A get together with a regular class schedule??? Other ideas???

Personally I would like to see it start off as basic meet n greet, BUT I would like to see it expand to include classes by various members on topics they might feel comfortable with. Hopefully contact other overland type groups in the area (I know of at least one on facebook (East Tennessee Overland) and cross pollinate a bit to grow the group a bit... Perhaps gain new members (or at least active users) in the process. Not to mention share info on where to go for good trails and camping trips, etc.

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Sounds like a plan. A meet & greet with a planning session would be a great way to get something going.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Anyone still around the Chattanooga area up for a meet up? Maybe some beers somewhere to meet & greet and plan some stuff for the summer?

Reactions: Bozz

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
My family and I will be on vacation near Chattanooga June 11 - 18 so I might be able to attend a meetup one of those days!

Contributor III

Buford, GA, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Cleaveland
My wife and I are not far down south, about an hour and a half down in GA. If there is a date in mind we would be down to attend in the Chattanooga area.