Abreu93

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Berwick, PA, USA
First Name
Erickson
Last Name
Abreu
Alright everyone so I have been trying to figure this out for quite some time and i must admit i need help :D.
I have a Garmin Nuvi that doesnt have any real back woods map support or any that i can buy from their available store for off roading. is there any way that i can some how install a different OS to run apps similar to gaia and backcountry nav? or atleast download maps and overlays from the internet and install them directly to the GPS?
and if you cant do you just download GPX files into the GPS itself and use it that way?

i think my main question is, how versatile can i make this old GPS? thank you

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Alright everyone so I have been trying to figure this out for quite some time and i must admit i need help :D.
I have a Garmin Nuvi that doesnt have any real back woods map support or any that i can buy from their available store for off roading. is there any way that i can some how install a different OS to run apps similar to gaia and backcountry nav? or atleast download maps and overlays from the internet and install them directly to the GPS?
and if you cant do you just download GPX files into the GPS itself and use it that way?

i think my main question is, how versatile can i make this old GPS? thank you
Short answer: No, not possible.

However, have a look here - this may send you down a rabbit hole