Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
My rig will be going in for a repaint soon, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with LA9H ceramic coating by @liquidarmour as a protective coating. Can it prevent pin striping from bushes and vegetation in the paint. Can one just simply buff the stripes out. If that's not an option, what about using magnetic vinyl sign material as armor against damage on the trail? Ideas and comments appreciated.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

It’s a hydrophobic paint sealant, highly doubtful it will do anything to stop pinstriping or damage caused by other foreign objects physically contacting your paint.

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
It’s a hydrophobic paint sealant, highly doubtful it will do anything to stop pinstriping or damage caused by other foreign objects physically contacting your paint.
Thanx, I was hoping it was a surface hardener as well as a shine enhancer. I'm also considering vinyl wrap or thick magnetic vinyl, the kind they use for car advertising signs. There have been some positive comments on vinyl wrap, but so far nothing on the magnetic vinyl.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

You can Put a thick coat of epoxy paint on it , you could theoretically apply a 2 part epoxy layer over your paint it would be very expensive and difficult though. Put a color dyed truck bed liner on it. Magnets are trash unless you made plastic panels with rare earth magnets glued on. You could just get the pin striping and live with it or learn how to buff them out. A wrap will just rip and peel off as will the plactidip stuff.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
The Sio2 coating enhance the shine and bead water extremely well. Not any help with trail stripes. I would ask that the painter add extra coats of clear so you can buff out pin stripes. You can get clear panels that are cut to fit your truck that offer great protection.