Central NM - Meet up / Cars n' Coffee / Trail Ride / Overnigher - 6/17 - 06/17/2017

• HTML tutorial

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

We will be planning a meet up ranging from Cars n' Coffee to an overnights at Cedro Peak.

Meeting at 2 Chamiso Canyon Rd, Tijeras, NM 87059 at 9:00AM

View Rally Point
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Michael

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

Ok so I guess the official Rally Point will be at the Coyote trailhead. South on hwy 14 from Tijeras a couple miles on the left. Forest road 462. 35.06291, -106.38115

jeepsnstuff

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sandia Park new mexico
Member #

I use ham,cb,frs/gmrs. I travel alone a lot so use them all. I have some extra frs as well

As to not tie up the mega link repeater
145.290 is good simplex on ham.

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

OK - currently, we can't edit the initial Rally Point record (have it in as an enhancement request) so don't use the meet up location in the event itself, we are going to meet at the Coyote Trailhead per Overland505's post above.

Still waiting on confirmation for the meet up time. Initially, I had put 10a, but have seen some 8a requests. I can't make 8a, but could move up to 9a if that is better than 10a for most folks?

Reactions: Overland 505

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Also - is anyone in for camping Saturday night? We are planning on it, want to see if anyone else is. As for camping at Cedro Peak - is there "camp anywhere" or campground only?

jeepsnstuff

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sandia Park new mexico
Member #

Also - is anyone in for camping Saturday night? We are planning on it, want to see if anyone else is. As for camping at Cedro Peak - is there "camp anywhere" or campground only?
9am seems like a good compromise to me. As far as camping there is established (party) campgrounds up there.
You can also camp remote (primitive) off the cedro peak trails. I have a map that shows where you can camp up there, I will attach to the other thread so we can all have it. I do not know if wife and I are in for camping yet.

Cisco

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque NM
Member #

Hello all, I just joined OB a few days ago and am happy to see that there are a few local members. My name is Francisco (Cisco) and live over in the VR area, I have 2001 jeep xj that I've been working on. I'm in the process of moving but am hoping to meet up with you guys at this event. Looking forward to meeting you folks and learning more about overlanding.

jeepsnstuff

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sandia Park new mexico
Member #

Hello all, I just joined OB a few days ago and am happy to see that there are a few local members. My name is Francisco (Cisco) and live over in the VR area, I have 2001 jeep xj that I've been working on. I'm in the process of moving but am hoping to meet up with you guys at this event. Looking forward to meeting you folks and learning more about overlanding.
I am new to OB as well nice xj.

coulter6

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM
Member #

There are 2 group campgrounds at Cedro Peak but require reservations and costs around $60. There are locked gates securing the campgrounds. Dispersed camping allowed at selected points in the NF. I believe there are sites just off of Forest Road 542 just above the group campgrounds.

kk_erickson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Albuquerque
Member #

I'm new to OB as well. I'm up for camping on either established or primitive. Primitive camping off the road seems like a possible option if fewer people are going to camp. 9 am works great.
Cheers

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Folks - check out the Rally Point link in the top post, you can see who has RSVP'd as Yes and Maybe.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.