Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Great news everyone. If you are in Central New Jersey, you are getting your monthly meet. That's right! Let me introduce you to @Ironhide Fx4. He stepped forward and expressed interest in getting something started in his area. I'm really excited that we are going to be starting this up. So, I will turn it over to him! Thanks @Ironhide Fx4 for taking this on! Stay tuned to this thread for details on the Kickoff event. There will be another thread to discuss the monthly meetup time and location.

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

Edit/Add: The kickoff is at Washington Rock State Park this Saturday at 12 noon.

Hey everyone! My name is Lee. We are long overdue for group meets and trips over here. Thanks to @Chris Jones for his hard work for the east region so we can get things moving.

To kick things off I am planning a day trip to High Point state park. Plan on a picnic/BBQ lunch at the park. This is still in the planning stage so I'll update as we figure it out. Currently planning on Saturday May 6th.

Anyone in NJ, East PA, and South NY chime in and say hi. Let us know if you plan on attending or have other ideas. We will keep this flexible for now to make it easier for most.

Looking forward to meeting members, exchanging information, and experience.

Last edited:

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Love that's there's a meet this close to me! Sadly I work two weekends a month and the 6th is one of them but I'll be watching to see all the final details. I have 4 weeks of vacation to burn so who knows haha.

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

Love that's there's a meet this close to me! Sadly I work two weekends a month and the 6th is one of them but I'll be watching to see all the final details. I have 4 weeks of vacation to burn so who knows haha.
We are keeping things easy and flexible. I am going to drive up there next weekend to refresh my memory of the park and see what will work for us.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Young Satchel

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

That's actually only 90 minutes from me up in the Hudson Valley. Usually have the kids with me all weekend but maybe I could make something happen with them in tow? Are there good trails there? I never explore jersey, I honestly always assumed it would be a wash like a lot of the more developed and wealthy areas here on the east coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

That's actually only 90 minutes from me up in the Hudson Valley. Usually have the kids with me all weekend but maybe I could make something happen with them in tow? Are there good trails there? I never explore jersey, I honestly always assumed it would be a wash like a lot of the more developed and wealthy areas here on the east coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bring the kids. This is family friendly, it always will be. I will have my 5 month old daughter with me.

There are hiking trails up there. Not sure about trails to drive. That is the main purpose of the kickoff and monthly meets. So we can network, share cool places to go, and set up some group trips.

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

I'm going to drive up to High Point this weekend and see what will be a good spot.

We will stick with the 6th for now. As a raincheck we will plan on the 13th. If that makes it so more can attend, we will move it to then.

I'm working on finding a place for the monthly meets. Currently looking at Frenchtown and Lambertville area. If any of you have an awesome pub in mind with a large parking lot, speak up. Just have to make sure it's a reasonable location for most.

Stand by for more info. Look forward to meeting all of you.

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

Would like to hear everyone's thought on the kickoff location. Do you guys prefer a more central location like Washington Rock State Park? Or stick with High Point?

Chime in and let me know.

Reactions: LandPirate

LandPirate

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

I'm glad I found this thread in time to make the meet. I'm East, so I'll be there. Living in Brooklyn, Washington Rock State Park is half the distance for me but honestly it makes little difference. I'm open to either location.

Have any other details been finalized? What can I do to help other than simply bringing myself and food / drink?

Reactions: Ironhide Fx4

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

May 6th is the date. Looks like Washington Rock is better for most so it will be the location.

Not sure what else we need. We are just getting started. Next will be finding a place or two for the monthly meetups. I have been working on that too. I'll let everyone know when I have more on that.

JeffNJX

Rank 0

Traveler I

No, its really just that parking lot, you can use street view on google maps to see, looks like it holds a total of 20 cars, with a couple being handicapped. Its literally at the top of the "mountain" and among houses on a winding road, Washington used to watch advancing troops, the view is quite spectacular.

There is also Watchung reservation near by, where there is a ton of hiking trails and bigger, multiple lots. Cataract Hollow Road lot isnt bad for hanging out, the one by the trailside center tends to get packed any busy

Reactions: Ironhide Fx4

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

No, its really just that parking lot, you can use street view on google maps to see, looks like it holds a total of 20 cars, with a couple being handicapped. Its literally at the top of the "mountain" and among houses on a winding road, Washington used to watch advancing troops, the view is quite spectacular.

There is also Watchung reservation near by, where there is a ton of hiking trails and bigger, multiple lots. Cataract Hollow Road lot isnt bad for hanging out, the one by the trailside center tends to get packed any busy
Sounds like it should work with the limited number currently planned.