• HTML tutorial

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
If you are around Manhattan and would like to escape the day of Wildcat football, join Konza Overland for a last minute meetup and drive. We plan to meet at Chick-Fil-A in Manhattan at 10AM and depart at Noon for a back road drive towards Council Grove.

View Rally Point

Jeeprado14

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Topeka, Kansas
Member #

Thanks for the invite! Unfortunately I'll be out in Colorado this weekend Jeeping but it's good to see some meetups happening in this area. Thanks for putting this together and I'll definitely be in on the next one...

Reactions: KonzaLander

Wildcat77

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Manhattan, KS, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Comfort
Member #

Hey guys being new to this I really appreciate the invite! But unfortunately this weekend is a home football game and I paid an exorbitant amount of money for a student pass so I'd better use it. But if you post your route I might run it a different weekend just to see the views. Thanks again.

Blake Morgan

Rank III
Launch Member

Explorer I

Emporia, KS, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Morgan
Member #

How difficult is the terrain along the planned route, I assume fairly mild, but would like to test out my Cricket camper trailer's capability in a group event rather than alone. Of course, if difficult obstacles are anticipated, I'd leave the trailer behind.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Thanks for the invite! Unfortunately I'll be out in Colorado this weekend Jeeping but it's good to see some meetups happening in this area. Thanks for putting this together and I'll definitely be in on the next one...
Consider me jealous. I love fall in Colorado, but wont be able to make it out there this year due to bringing two kiddos into our home that need to be in school.

Hey guys being new to this I really appreciate the invite! But unfortunately this weekend is a home football game and I paid an exorbitant amount of money for a student pass so I'd better use it. But if you post your route I might run it a different weekend just to see the views. Thanks again.
There is a map attached to the Rally Point event page under Notes. If you ever want to just get out and explore shoot me a message. I love aimlessly roaming the roads around Alma/Eskridge since I am so close.

How much mud, I guess is my question
It should be a VERY mild afternoon, primarily dirt roads. I am hopeful the rain continues to hold off. If we do get a nice shower, we'll reroute around the few possible 'mud roads' to avoid tearing them up. It has been a few years since I have traveled some of the roads so we'll have to see if this summer's substantial rainfall washed anything out.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Howdy All,
I am in town waiting for a Transit to pop out of the Ford Factory and just got word that it ain't happening till Monday, and that means I can join all you folks to see what Kansas overlanding looks like.....however I am in a rental Dodge Charger :)
Does anyone have a passenger seat for a 1 legged guy? I can bribe you with some cuban cigars and lively chatter.
And if you get out to Overland Expo West or Arizona for any reason I will return the favor with a seat or leading an outing.
My cell is 602-451-607nine if it is easier to call/text.
If nothing else I plan to show up at your meet up and video some rigs. It gives me something for my SEMA build story that fills the delay.
Thanks in advance if possible.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Howdy All,
I am in town waiting for a Transit to pop out of the Ford Factory and just got word that it ain't happening till Monday, and that means I can join all you folks to see what Kansas overlanding looks like.....however I am in a rental Dodge Charger :)
Does anyone have a passenger seat for a 1 legged guy? I can bribe you with some cuban cigars and lively chatter.
And if you get out to Overland Expo West or Arizona for any reason I will return the favor with a seat or leading an outing.
My cell is 602-451-607nine if it is easier to call/text.
If nothing else I plan to show up at your meet up and video some rigs. It gives me something for my SEMA build story that fills the delay.
Thanks in advance if possible.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
@oneleglance - The kiddos were supposed to be riding along with me this weekend, but plans change and they are longer coming along...so I am solo with an open seat. Your welcome to bum a ride. No cigars needed though :smirk: I'll plan to drive back to Manhattan at the end of the day to drop you at your car. Shoot me a PM to iron out any details.

Brett