Enthusiast III

Darby, Montana, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7MTP
I'm working on my certs and when finished I'd like to combine some overland camping and cave diving in northern Florida.

Reactions: Brewbud

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Never had a chance to dive one, i did alot of spelunking down near austin as a kid now all the wild caves are closed up on private property, the only scuba that happens around here is during lake recovery after boating accidents.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Nope. I'll be stopping at advanced. Maybe do a tech fundies, just to better my skill level. Did a cenote entrance area that was still within ''rec'' rules, almost. Pretty, good blue water, but no creatures past 50' depth. Had more fun snorkeling that same cenote.

My favorite diving, so far, has all been shallow rec stuff. When we go deeper, we see less and eat up air too quickly. The RMS Rhone was the only thing around 100' deep that I really enjoyed.

Maybe as I get better, I'll just drive down, and bring some bigger tanks with me. Sling an extra 80 or something.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I did some in my younger years but nothing too extreme. I taught SCUBA and managed a dive shop for many years. Odd, I am somewhat claustrophobic on land but not underwater. It is such an other world. I remember having to take my tank off and swim it in front of me to get through some of the narrow points. I don't think I would do that now!. Be careful and always have redundancy. I have lost some friends that were into the more extreme cave diving.

OkieMizzou

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Darby, Montana, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7MTP
I did some in my younger years but nothing too extreme. I taught SCUBA and managed a dive shop for many years. Odd, I am somewhat claustrophobic on land but not underwater. It is such an other world. I remember having to take my tank off and swim it in front of me to get through some of the narrow points. I don't think I would do that now!. Be careful and always have redundancy. I have lost some friends that were into the more extreme cave diving.
I've been diving for years and bored with just the normal rec dives. Looking to expand my diving experience.

Reactions: Brewbud

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I've been diving for years and bored with just the normal rec dives. Looking to expand my diving experience.
Well, you are in the right place for it for sure. Wreck diving is a fun and interesting side sport too. U/W photography is what captured my interest the most.