Cast Iron Camp Cooking : Hungarian Stew

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Ireland
Whenever we post a video, any video, we get complaints about having music, when we post any without music, we get complaints that there is no music. It is a difficult thing to try to cater to different personal preferences.

With this video, our friend Stelian from Romania came over and we decided to record him making Hungarian Stew. As I started to edit it I realised the sounds of the rain etc were really lovely to listen to. So this one is all just the sounds as the meal was prepared.

This was all cooked on Petromax cast-iron cookware and on a Bushpig Braai.

I hope most of you enjoy it, be sure to let us know what you think.

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Whenever we post a video, any video, we get complaints about having music, when we post any without music, we get complaints that there is no music. It is a difficult thing to try to cater to different personal preferences.

With this video, our friend Stelian from Romania came over and we decided to record him making Hungarian Stew. As I started to edit it I realised the sounds of the rain etc were really lovely to listen to. So this one is all just the sounds as the meal was prepared.

The right music is great when the video is driving the action - soaring drone footage, bubbling stewpots, etc. I dislike it when it is in the background while someone is talking.

Enthusiast III

South Dayton, NY, USA
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
USMC 85'-89'
Not really very portable....yet, but this is how I cook cast iron deep dish wood fired pizza. I have a wide assortment of cast iron I use, dutch ovens, skillets, chicken fryer, griddles, corn bread pan, and an egg fryer(i think).

Attachments

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ

Great video! I'd so much rather hear the real sounds of cooking in the rain than yet another insipid, stock audio, acoustic guitar riff.
Well done!

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
When I was streaming I got the same type of comments, I told them to play their own music while they watched. :tearsofjoy:

That stew sounds damn yummy!