carrying a chainsaw in a suv

• HTML tutorial

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

i usually carry my saw inside my fj. that needs to change to free up interior space and cut down on leaks and gas smell. its a small ms170. how do you carry yours? im guessing the roof is the popular option. any other ideas/pictures?

Rizzo

Rank II

Enthusiast II

White Rock, BC, Canada
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Rissanen
Member #

I was carrying mine in the back truck Bed squished in between the cooler and cargo boxes. It's a beast though and now looking for a smaller one or/ I was even thinking of a boreal 21 hand saw. I recently re-rigged and now have a small slide in truck camper so a little up in the air. I see a few guys carrying their saws on the roof racks, I believe you can get a mount and it's the same one you can get if you put it on your quad rack. Defiantly a lot of options. Make sure you post a pic once you figure it out. I like
To see which way you go. [emoji106][emoji482]

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

I have a case for it. It was strapped onto the roof... but now I typically am towing my quads so it goes on the trailer now.

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

That's the chainsaw bra from Blue Ridge Overland Gear. https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/The-Chain-Saw-Bra-p/21csb.htm

All their stuff is American made, coming out of their shop in Bedford, VA. I'm sure many of the gang there are members here. Matt from there is involved with Mountain State Overland, and you can see him presently on their YouTube series, with a new episode tonight. Adam is a buddy of mine that went to work with them. He's OB 4054. You won't go wrong with a product from them!
thats the pic i loaded. its from blue ridge. thanks.