Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Way before electronics! You might be as old as me! Well, there is plenty of time for planning. I'm happy anytime I have a line in the water. Hope to get down to Charleston-Edisto-Beaufort area next week or so.
You'd probably be surprised. I just turned 34 last week, but I have an old soul. I was big into anything with a motor from a young age, but I remember learning to operate my old man's boat in the salt out there when I was about 9 or 10. The only electronic it had was the old round light-up depth finder that really only worked when you were relatively sitting still and would only read what was beneath your stern.
Edisto is my happy place. After I traded in my Silverado a few years back, I mostly keep my 25' CC "The Miss Mildred" (named after my grandmother who could catch a fish with a cane pole and a colored rubber band) in a marina on Lake Hartwell. I get it moved to a different lake a few times a year. I'm hoping to find a good marina on Murray before the summer so I can get in on the big stripers when they are in their deep holes. My flats skiff is trailered and it is a 15' extra wide flat bottom with a 15 HP Yamaha named "The Suboataru" that can draft in 1 foot of water. I take it to Edisto every year and fish the creeks and backwaters pretty hard. It's great for getting on the redfish, flounder, and sheepshead.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
You'd probably be surprised. I just turned 34 last week, but I have an old soul. I was big into anything with a motor from a young age, but I remember learning to operate my old man's boat in the salt out there when I was about 9 or 10. The only electronic it had was the old round light-up depth finder that really only worked when you were relatively sitting still and would only read what was beneath your stern.
Edisto is my happy place. After I traded in my Silverado a few years back, I mostly keep my 25' CC "The Miss Mildred" (named after my grandmother who could catch a fish with a cane pole and a colored rubber band) in a marina on Lake Hartwell. I get it moved to a different lake a few times a year. I'm hoping to find a good marina on Murray before the summer so I can get in on the big stripers when they are in their deep holes. My flats skiff is trailered and it is a 15' extra wide flat bottom with a 15 HP Yamaha named "The Suboataru" that can draft in 1 foot of water. I take it to Edisto every year and fish the creeks and backwaters pretty hard. It's great for getting on the redfish, flounder, and sheepshead.
O.K. We have some waters in common. I live in the Columbia area now but originally from Union. Spent a lot of my youth down on Edisto around Bamberg and Orangeburg so I'm best at catching the redbreast and bass in the river. Clemson grad and about to retire from the state to devote even more time to fishing. I haven't had my boat too long but been on Hartwell, Murray. Especially liked Jocassee. Maybe we can get together on Murray and fish the stripers. Come on down and we can take my boat some. I have some buddies that have been bugging me to learn how to catch them there. I live near Wateree too. My son has been catching them there this week. My boat is currently down near Orangeburg trying to get back to the coast before Christmas but... Trying to get a crew to fish the Charleston jetties for the sheepshead. Trout have been killing it when you find clear water which can be problematic around Edisto. Just got back from Arkansas in October. Caught a few trout and toured the Ozarks. Very scenic. I'm not going back to work till after New Years. I actually retired three years ago, I just haven't told anybody! LOL

I am sitting here waiting on Amazon delivery then I may be offline for a few days. If you want to fish email me at robduncan0838@att.net maybe we can work something out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sasquatch SC