Launch Member

Member I

University Heights, OH, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Kitts
Member #

Visited Carolina Beach, NC this past week. We stayed in a cabin a Carolina Beach State Park. The state park was well kept, with amazing views of the intracoastal waterway. We drove over each day to the town maintained beach access. Lots of nice looking overloading vehicles on the beach. Our stock Touareg did quite well, but definitely wanting to get a lift kit and tires soon.

Attachments

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
I have been wanting to see those Touareg on the trail for a while. They should do pretty good I would think. Don't they have pneumatic suspension? Before I got my GX a lift kit, I adjusted the ride height sensor to get a lift.

c7n8k9

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

University Heights, OH, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Kitts
Member #

No, the U.S. models of the Touareg unfortunately do not have the air suspension as an option. I've looked into purchasing the parts, but it would cost around $3k plus installation. There is a 2" lift kit available in U.S. which I plan to purchase next month (around $300) . With the 2" lift and 255/60R20 tires (32") it should give me an additional 3.15" of ground clearance, going from a stock 7.9" to 11.05" of clearance.

Last edited: