Cargo Area Shelf

• HTML tutorial

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Dedicated a half hour or so last weekend to construct a shelf for the cargo area in the WJ so that I could have easy access to the spare. Since I do not have a swing out tire carrier and mounting it to the roof rack seemed like a great way to hurt myself in the event I need it and I'm Han Solo on the trail, this looks to be my best option.

Obviously, not much went into it. I happened to have car audio carpeting, which is where the shelf idea spurred from. I did however mount a power inverter to it as well, which is hardwired in.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

looks good!!
an alternative to storing it inside, on the roof or a swing out tire carrier is Hkoffroads Kratos tire carrier.
it bolts to the hatch and keeps the tire tight to the body line of the jeep, cant see much out of the rear window but you wouldn't be able to with a swingout either.
it includes new struts that are rated for 350lbs each and let me tell you they are stout.

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

looks good!!
an alternative to storing it inside, on the roof or a swing out tire carrier is Hkoffroads Kratos tire carrier.
it bolts to the hatch and keeps the tire tight to the body line of the jeep, cant see much out of the rear window but you wouldn't be able to with a swingout either.
it includes new struts that are rated for 350lbs each and let me tell you they are stout.

Looks cool. And I've thought about it, but I haven't seen any pics with a 35" mounted to it.

I actually have their stealth winch bumper in a cart online lol.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Looks cool. And I've thought about it, but I haven't seen any pics with a 35" mounted to it.

I actually have their stealth winch bumper in a cart online lol.

the new design will hold 35s, ill see if I can find a pic with one and post it up.

yea that thing is sweet as hell but a bit rich for my blood im gonna get their winch mount and make my own bumper

Reactions: The GrooGrux King

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

the new design will hold 35s, ill see if I can find a pic with one and post it up.

yea that thing is sweet as hell but a bit rich for my blood im gonna get their winch mount and make my own bumper
The reviews have been great. I just want to see what a 35" looks like on that mount. I don't know that it'll look right.