Launch Member

Contributor III

Hemet ca
First Name
Quinn
Last Name
Uptergrove
Member #

Hey guys I’m a long time listener first time poster on this forum. I gotta say I love this forum cause everyone is super cool and friendly.

Anyway down to business! So I recently pulled the trigger on a new F-150. It will mainly be my work truck so I’m keeping things mild and somewhat modular everything I bolt on will serve a purpose for both work and off roading/camping.

Just a little bit about the truck. It’s a 2018 F-150 XLT with a 2.7 eco boost(insanely good gas Mileage compared to my V10[emoji23]). It’s a 4wd with factory rear E locker.

Right now the build is just getting started so far all I have done is a tool box and some floor mats. I plan on leveling it and putting on some 285/70/17s in the next week or so. After that it’s going to be a headache rack and removable 3/4 height rear hoop followed by CB and a HAM radio. Then some lighting and any other parts I feel like tossing my paycheck at.

IMG_1537.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG

This one may be a little slow but I’ll try to update it as much as possible. Thanks for reading guys and if anyone is running a newer F-150 and has any suggestions or advice I’m all ears! Hope to catch you on the trails!

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Nice!

My setup is pretty modular as well. Everything unbolts fairly easily to accomodate work or mountain biking needs. You don't need a ton of stuff so just choose your accessories wisely and have fun exploring. :)

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

Smithville, Missouri, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound CapitalQ! Nice truck. I too have been listening for a while and will be starting my rig build this year. Same concept as you as my 2017 F150 is my daily driver as well. Glad to see another F150 joining overlanding. Good luck with the build.

Last edited:
Reactions: CapitalQ

CapitalQ

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hemet ca
First Name
Quinn
Last Name
Uptergrove
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound CapitalQ! Nice truck. I too have been listening for a while and will be starting my rig build this year. Same concept as you as my 2017 F150 is my daily driver as well. Glad to see another F150 joining overlanding. Good luck with the build.
Right on man be sure to post a thread when you get it started. I’d love to see it progress!

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

Will do. I’ll start a thread soon. 2017 F150 FX4 Platinum 3.5 EcoBoost is the foundation. Like you want to make it modular for easy on easy off for quicker departures to the outdoors. Modular as well to accommodate short weekend trips or longer trips.

You going to level with spacers or coilovers?

CapitalQ

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hemet ca
First Name
Quinn
Last Name
Uptergrove
Member #

Will do. I’ll start a thread soon. 2017 F150 FX4 Platinum 3.5 EcoBoost is the foundation. Like you want to make it modular for easy on easy off for quicker departures to the outdoors. Modular as well to accommodate short weekend trips or longer trips.

You going to level with spacers or coilovers?
I plan on using Rancho coil overs. I’ve had good luck with Rancho in the past on my older trucks.

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

I ran the Bilstein 5100 front and rear on a previous F150 leveled and loved them. Another F150 raised with just pucks and didn’t like at all. I plan on running the Bilstein B8 6112 with 5165 rears. At least that’s the plan.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Nice whip! I really like my Fox coilovers. The link to my build is in my signature. My truck is a daily driver, disaster response and SAR vehicle as well as overlanding so I’ve been dialing in the modularity piece.

Reactions: mjherron