Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
My nephew took a trip that I was planning to attend but ultimately couldn't. He in his '80 series and two other trucks spent some days in the Maze district of Canyonlands NP. Unbelievable scenery. He made a pretty decent 28 minute video, if you have the time it's entertaining.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_gY7oqqWSd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

About halfway through he runs into some trouble with one of the fusible links. I'm his "Engineer friend" that he called. Diagnosed a wiring harness behind the EGR valve that had finally melted through. Pretty common problem on the '80. He made a decent fix, except that the fuse size he used in place of the link was too small, should have been a 30 amp fuse, I think he said he used a 7.5amp fuse because he wanted to be sure to protect it well enough.

Enjoy. I'm going there someday.

Dan.

Bob

Rank III

Advocate II

My nephew took a trip that I was planning to attend but ultimately couldn't. He in his '80 series and two other trucks spent some days in the Maze district of Canyonlands NP. Unbelievable scenery. He made a pretty decent 28 minute video, if you have the time it's entertaining.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_gY7oqqWSd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

About halfway through he runs into some trouble with one of the fusible links. I'm his "Engineer friend" that he called. Diagnosed a wiring harness behind the EGR valve that had finally melted through. Pretty common problem on the '80. He made a decent fix, except that the fuse size he used in place of the link was too small, should have been a 30 amp fuse, I think he said he used a 7.5amp fuse because he wanted to be sure to protect it well enough.

Enjoy. I'm going there someday.

Dan.
I watched the video very nice, it's too bad that you couldn't go too.
I haven't had a vehicle that I trusted enough to make the trip. But soon my rebuilt engine will be back in the Jeep. And we'll head over. I would like to do this before it gets too damn hot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: VCeXpedition

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

I'm headed there next month with a couple of other XTerra owners from UXOC. I plan to take all my photo gear and GoPros. I will just have to remember to log the route with GPS.

Reactions: VCeXpedition