CANCELLED: Let´s meet up at the christmas market camp at Ohrdruf Castle, Thuringia/ Germany/ Europe

• HTML tutorial

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi fellow overlanders,

Some of you already know the beautiful terrain around Ohrduf Castle from the OTTO offroad and overlanding expo this year.

Also at some times of the rest of the year it is possible to camp on the site and already for the Advent season the organizer of OTTO, will make camping on the site possible again. In connection with the christmas market "Advent at Ohrdruf Castle" the camp will open its doors again. I think that will be a nice atmosphere, the castle, The Christmas market, the camp.

We will be there from Friday, 10th December to Sunday 12th Dcember 2021.

I have set up a Rally Point: Meetup at the christmas market "Advent at Ohrdruf Castle" - Overland Bound

Who is also coming?

Cheers,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

As already mentioned in the forums view of the RP we are facing the current situation:

Due to the very critical situation regarding C19 in Germany, the measures have been strengthened.

For this event this means as of today:
On the entire site, the respective valid Corona rules of the state of Thuringia apply. Currently this means for visitors of the markets and participants of the camp 2 G (participation only when vaccinated/ recovered).

We will have to wait and see how the situation develops in the next few days and if further actions will be taken. I will keep you informed.

Bjoern

Reactions: NotGumby

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
UPDATE: Advent camp is cancelled!!! I have cancelled the Rally Point accordingly.

According to the new regulation due to C19 Christmas markets are prohibited in certain regions. That is why the Christmas market at Ohrdruf Castle has now been cancelled.

The organizer of the Advent camp has considered whether the camp can possibly take place without the Christmas market and with a "2G" or "2G+" regulation (thus entrance only for vaccinated/ recovered and if necessary additionally with negative test) as a private event under free sky. However, ultimately decided against it.

A good reason for this is the dramatic situation with regard to the full or overloaded intensive care units (meanwhile transfers of intensive care patients to other regions in Germany and partly also between European countries, e.g. from the Netherlands to Germany or from Germany to other countries take place, planned surgeries are postponed, etc.).

Thus, it seems necessary to limit travel activities with - although low - risks of accidents or the like as much as possible. I can therefore well understand the decision of the organizer. I don't want to imagine what it would mean if someone to get injured or have an accident during the camp and could not receive adequate care due to the situation in the hospitals.

So, we are looking forward to next year!

Cheers, Björn