Enthusiast II

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Wooden
Member #

Hey guys,

feel free to point me in the right direction if there is already a thread for this but I wanted to get everyones input on the absolute must haves for going away.

Aside from when i was a kid and then some overnighters at the lake mainly just to take the jetskis out and sleeping in the back of my old van I've not organised a proper camping trip. So im looking at slowly building up my camping gear, ive got some basics which have been handed down ie. tents and some cooking stuff.

What should be in my kit?? What are the 'Must Haves'???

thanks

Reactions: Luis Merlo

BeardedJeeper-JKU

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Wooden
Member #

Reactions: Luis Merlo

mitbull93

Rank 0

Contributor I

When we first starting camping we had no maps, road tyres, plain eskys and not much else. But now myself and friends all have our stuff together with fridges, double swags, lots of cooking items etc
Its a constantly evolving thing but my advice is RESEARCH before spending lots of money. Get a few trips under your belt and you will find out what gets used every trip or what your lacking. Every single person camps differently and it takes experience to figure it all out. Start with the basic items but buy decent gear dont cheap out if possible.
To be honest the trips we did with minimal gear and organisation were some of the funniest ones we have done.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using OB Talk mobile app