Traveler II

Monticello, GA, USA
First Name
kaine
Last Name
ellis
Member #

Cashes Valley, Ellijay
Charlie’s Creek And Waters Gauge Road, near Tallulah Gorge.
Thank you ive been to a few places and did some wheeling and camping, Alot of cleanup due to other peoples trash but im trying to find some other spots to keep it different. Ill look these up

Reactions: KayBee16

Chancey

Rank I

Contributor III

Blue Ridge, GA
First Name
William
Last Name
Chancey
Be careful in Cashes Valley, a lot of private property in there with not very nice owners. A few years ago there were several side roads and mudholes that land owners ended up putting boards with nails in and pieces of rebar.

There are alot of FS roads between Morganton and Suches GA that are nice to travel around and camp on. Rock Creek RD and Coopers Creek.

Reactions: kaine ellis

kaine ellis

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Monticello, GA, USA
First Name
kaine
Last Name
ellis
Member #

Be careful in Cashes Valley, a lot of private property in there with not very nice owners. A few years ago there were several side roads and mudholes that land owners ended up putting boards with nails in and pieces of rebar.

There are alot of FS roads between Morganton and Suches GA that are nice to travel around and camp on. Rock Creek RD and Coopers Creek.
Yea ive heard about the land owners doing this. Tgats the main reason ive never gone. I definatly dont want to be on private property

KayBee16

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

GA, USA
First Name
Kay
Last Name
Bee
Member #

Yea ive heard about the land owners doing this. Tgats the main reason ive never gone. I definatly dont want to be on private property
I have not heard about this- but also never had issues either.

Chancey

Rank I

Contributor III

Blue Ridge, GA
First Name
William
Last Name
Chancey
Honestly there isn't a whole lot there anymore. You do forge the river but its just to get to more private property mostly. I would shoot more toward the FS areas up toward Suches and Blairsville, GA. Biggest thing to be careful of there is respecting the area and not tearing it up and making sure you don't get off the FS roads because the Federal Officer(s) up here don't play.

Mudbeast44

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Port St. Lucie, FL, USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Neckles
Member #

I did Beasley Knob back in November. It was wet and slick! This summer I want to do the Traverse. I have heard about some other trails up there in that area.

Cesar_overland

Rank III

Explorer I

Norcross, GA 30093, USA
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Narvaez
Member #

Hey oh I’m live in north Atlanta. Not much but forest service road in north Georgia but a great way to get lost and enjoy nature. A lot of great camp grounds and hiking with having easy access to the AT. Not much hardcore wheeling but that’s not what overlanding is about. Georgia traverse is a great way to start exploring north Georgia

Fly_hippie

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Dawson County, GA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Nimblewill area is good. Lake Dockery is nice as well. As Chancy said, Blairville and Suches have some very pretty spots. Not a ton of sites to camp but most are very pretty. I've been running up against a lot of trash being left behind in a bunch of areas we go. There seems to be far more ppl out on the trails since Covid hit and I guess don't subscribe to the "pack it in, pack it out" rule. It's really disappointing to run up on a really nice site and you have to spend your first hour there picking up other folks used toilet paper.