Camping and routes in Utah, Colorado, Arizona for upcoming trip?

• HTML tutorial

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

okay everyone, Looking for some routes in Utah/Arizona/GrandCanyon/Colorado for camping and some offroading for our Overland Expo West trip in May. We understand that most of the routes and such over 9k in CO will still be under snow pack so looking for options till fill the week leading up to Overland Expo West. We are leaving Alabama on the 11th. Anyone else have any routes or camp spots? We will be leaving Birmingham on the 11th and only deadline is to be in Flagstaff by the 16th to check in for Overland Expo West.

Last edited:

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I know the areas well,and live in Hurricane,Utah. Feel free to call any time for input. Dana Jones 435-923-6337

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
I'm in southern Utah as well, but have spent a lot of time over in the moab area and Arizona and am headed to expo myself.. are you looking for off road routes, camping spots.. etc?

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

I'm in southern Utah as well, but have spent a lot of time over in the moab area and Arizona and am headed to expo myself.. are you looking for off road routes, camping spots.. etc?
Yeah, that's what the original post mentioned. If anyone had any routes, camping suggestions, places that absolutely needed to be seen.

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Yeah, that's what the original post mentioned. If anyone had any routes, camping suggestions, places that absolutely needed to be seen.
I could fill 8 days just in southern Utah of must see stuff without even thinking about it, so.. the question is really what you want to see/do.. what types of routes are you looking for, sights along the side of the road? Kid friendly stops? Overlooks? Short hikes? Lakes? Desert? Mountains? Sand dunes? Do you have an idea where you will be entering Utah? Are you going to drive 4 hrs a day.. or 20 till you get to the sites you want to see?

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
See this post for some details on a good route to see a lot of what Utah has to offer.
Utah Expedition