Camp security

• HTML tutorial

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

IMO camp security or threats will geographically be different. Back in Cali were "I" used to live, its varied. It seem the deeper in the National Forest Sally & I went whether hunting or just dispersed camping we seemed to stumbled on to old pot grow sites. I always packed a 1911 with me & had a dog with us. I always had that on guard feeling too their, that something could happen.
Since I moved to Arkansas almost 20 yrs ago the threat or on guard feeling doesn't seem as apparent as much anymore whether hunting in bear country or just dispersed camping in the Ozarks. I still pack a 1911 & have a dog with us but signs of old pot grows, meth labs aren't here as of traces of them. I know some states are experiencing homelessness camps in their National Forest were IMO this could be a high probability of security & threat.
One of the many gifts to live in a country like USA is our 2nd Amendment & the rights of the citizens to defend themselves with a firearm.

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
Situational awareness, locking everything I can, and a healthy compliment of freedom dispensers. My friends Sig, Smith, Wesson, and Mossberg are usually close by between my wife and I. Here's hoping they will never be employed, but they have deterred a few situations in my non camp life. When we get far enough north in WI we always have a shotgun with slugs, more for bears than predators on two legs. I just know my 9mm may just piss off a bear if it comes down to that.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Shotgun, 1911, and like Ark.Don said always keep "that on guard feeling" and be aware of your surroundings. Approach any camp site, including your own, with caution. A bear or a two-legged-peckerwood may have entered your camp while you were away.

Reactions: Ditch

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Group numbers, a doberman, my CZ-75 and an AR are my usual camp security. We're a friendly group but we've also run into some weirdos out in the sticks.

Sidenote: She's not that fierce.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drifterman