Camp Chef Oven. What do you bake while in the wild?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

4wheelspulling

NorthWest Region Member Represetative
Staff member
Supporter

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Using a Dutch Oven, I have made, corn bread, biscuits, cobblers, and pot pies. Maybe not the regular Camp Chef, oven, that you mean, Chadlyb? Baked bread on a stick too. Vance.

Reactions: Chadlyb
we use the Coleman folding oven with a few mod's. We purchased a welding blanket & cut it to fit the Coleman stove to help keep more heat in & remain a constant temperature, we added a digital thermometer that keeps accurate temperature. We like this stove being collapsible & we can fold up the welding blanket & store it with the stove . We bake cinnamon rolls, casseroles, small chicken, cornbread, put much anything you can bake at home.
032.JPG

Last edited:

emulous74

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Austin, TX, USA
Member #

we use the Coleman folding over with a few mod's. We purchased a welding blanket & cut it to fit the Coleman stove to help keep more heat in & remain a constant temperature, we added a digital thermometer that keeps accurate temperature. We like this stove being collapsible & we can fold up the welding blanket & store it with the stove . We bake cinnamon rolls, casseroles, small chicken, cornbread, put much anything you can bake at home.
View attachment 80338
That's a great idea, I'm definitely going to steal it. I just got my replacement for my broken camp chef, but will use that when I bring the trailer; the Coleman, I used once and wasn't that impressed, but I think your mods will improve it and it definitely packs up nice, especially when I'm only out with the truck.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova