Launch Member

Contributor II

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Dolcourt
Member #

I have had my rig for over a year now and have been itching to camp out in the snow. I’d be camping in the car with one other person. The rig has 34s and all terrains. I’ve gone through a few trails in Tahoe and some smaller trails off of the rubicon so I am not an expert but I do have some idea on how to wheel.

I’m in the Bay Area and want to get some experience on a snow trail.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I have had my rig for over a year now and have been itching to camp out in the snow. I’d be camping in the car with one other person. The rig has 34s and all terrains. I’ve gone through a few trails in Tahoe and some smaller trails off of the rubicon so I am not an expert but I do have some idea on how to wheel.

I’m in the Bay Area and want to get some experience on a snow trail.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
You should post this question on the Central CA meet-up page they just did a snow trip.

Reactions: King

Klinton Kehoe

Rank VII

Trail Blazer II

Gold River, CA, USA
First Name
Klinton
Last Name
Kehoe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSB
You can always try MET (morman emergent trail) or uncle toms cabin. Both are heavily traveled so if you run into an issue someone is bound to come across you. Check put the NorCal Jeep page and Sierra Sacramento Jeep’s for runs in the area. I will be orchestrating a snow run in January when we have a better base on the ground

Reactions: King

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

Depends on what you want to do, but just driving through several feet of snow is exhausting enough. Uncle Toms Cabin can be fun, but might not be open with covid. I’d also recommend not going without a second rig because waiting for a passerby to pull you out is terrible (and irresponsible).

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
+1 to Overland California's suggestion of going with at least one other rig.

There are some interesting places to explore on and around the Eagle Lakes Trail off of highway 80 on the way up to Tahoe.