Burlington to Collingwood

• HTML tutorial

four'running

Rank 0

Traveler I

Took a short 24 hr trip to Collingwood after work. I always enjoy driving up that way. It's fairly easy to find gravel roads and if lucky sometimes you find more!
20170908_222909.jpg
Friday night I was following a route I found traced from Orangeville to Collingwood. The last road I travelled was very slick and I got turned around. I came up on a washed out downhill that was also slick. I decided to turn around and return in daylight from the other direction to see how close I made it through. That night I stayed at Craigleith provincal park, then hit up bluemountain bike park. After that i washed my 4runner and set back on my way home. 20170909_143449.jpg 20170909_143505.jpg Turns out it was about 150' until the road was maintained again. I walked the hill and picked my route through. It's unbelievable what a-trac will do! I should have video'd it. I was expecting to get to the first hole and just spin out. I just went slow. When I lost forward momentum and started spinning, a-trac kicked in and I gradually increased throttle. As soon as throttle increased inthe slightest I could feel the vehicle want to move forward. Then Yuki just crawled up and out of each hole. I was glad to have sliders. Those rocks rubbed up against them as I couldn't get out of the washout.

On a side note: that RTT I made decreased overall vehicle height by 4-5". It definitely feels much less top heavy. I cant be 100% certain exactly how much because, I also upgraded to full ome setup at all four corners which articulates more and controls the weight better.

Anyhow, get out often even if only for 24hrs it was a great mini trip!

Reactions: Jacob Camp

four'running

Rank 0

Traveler I

Sounds like a great route? Perfect for the wknd. Do you have the track for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fun section was concession 6 south just south of creemore and the river there. FYI there's a rutty part that is clay based and slick. I got some tree branch marks also, but not through clear coat.

The rest of it was just, 'oh hey' there's gravel let go this way.

four'running

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey also from Burlington, Let me know if you plan on doing a short trip like this again and would mind if I tag along.

Sure! I had a santa run in collingwood this saturday. No time to explore. However, I found 2 more unmaintained roads. Going to try to find time before winter to explore. Thinking one big day. If your interested.