Cancelled 2nd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Mac n cheese and hotdog is a great breakfast!
May be a little slow cooking for more than 3 though , lol.
That was what I had for lunch today, Though I subbed Jalapeno brat and 1/2 of a fresh Jalapeno to spice it up a bit. ;D

Boort

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Will anyone be bringing their kiddos, or is this an adult trip?.. We don't have kids, only pups.
I meant to call this a family friendly event, but failed to write it up that way. I'll try to work that in. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm planning to bring my pup, but I have reservations because he's coming of age and isn't playing well with others. I fear I'll have to keep him in the truck or on a lead the whole time.

Last edited:

Delux2769

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, CO, USA
Member #

I meant to call this a family friend event, but failed to write it up that way. I'll try to work that in. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm planning to bring my pup, but I have reservations because he's coming of age and isn't playing well with others. I fear I'll have to keep him in the truck or on a lead the whole time.
Haha, same exact boat as you... except we have 3 youngish assholes weighing a collective 200+ lbs... Kinda thinking of having a couple's weekend and having my dad watch them at home.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Was this last photo taken on CR267? I'm guessing it wasn't in the Fourmile area.

Did you run many of the trails inside Fourmile Travel Management Area?
The photo of the stuck truck was taken on 295 - Pomerory Lake - Mary Murphy Mine trail. I think that's what it is called anyway. The road was blocked with about 2 feet of snow 1/4 mile past the Mary Murphy tram terminal. Apparently, that's where the driver of the abandoned truck decided to turn around, but he turned down into the soft stuff and got stuck.

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Haha, same exact boat as you... except we have 3 youngish assholes weighing a collective 200+ lbs... Kinda thinking of having a couple's weekend and having my dad watch them at home.
I am bringing two 7-year-olds. One is allergic to everything including dogs but will be fine as long as he does not pet them and then touch his face. :)

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@JDGreens, if the primary camp site isn't available we don't have to be as concerned about finding a new one with easy access as the lady with the camper isn't going to make it.

Reactions: Delux2769

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

So as we get closer to this I find myself scrambling to get my Jeep back together for this trip. My plans are to leave my home by 9 ish and would be near the Fort area by 9:30 so if anyone does want to leave around that time I would gladly meet you there and head out once we are ready. If I can't get my rig ready I'll just opt to take my 2whl drive f-150 with camp gear. About three weeks ago I scouted the area in it..

Let me know what time you were thinking of leaving? Thanks David

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Cool. I'm gonna aim for coming that Friday. Gonna cut outta work a little early. Try to make it there before twilight. I'm new to your group. Never been to one of these before.
@Gnar, should we look for you this weekend?

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

So for those who are going to the Fort off 285 at 9:30 ish I will be in my White jeep cherokee I will hang out until 10 and then head on out. Look forward to meeting everyone. Note; if your a little late and miss me you will probably catch up to me by the time we hit Jeferson I never drive the mountains in any kind of hurry.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@JDGreens Hopefully I'll get to the campsite first. If for some reason I have to leave, look for a black off-road camper. It has 2 jerrys and a spare tire on the front.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

@JDGreens, @JCarter, @Rick Louie

I like that plan but did not get as much done last night as I needed to. So I may be stuck leaving later with Rick if I can't get all packed and ready tonight after work.
Boort
I hear you I buttoned up the work I did on my rig at 8 pm and just took my rig for a test drive around the sante-fe c-470 loop back Hamtpdon to be sure I feel good about taking it on this adventure.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Are you going to put up some kinda flag, like Base Camp? [emoji16]
That was the plan, but the flags weren't mailed to me in time. Tracking says they'll arrive tomorrow (after I've departed).