Cancelled 2nd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

• HTML tutorial

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Still trying to work it out so that I can make it but wife and I drove back there to the gps coordinates today in my fill size truck (as we’re staying about 20miles away in twin lakes). Wife points to the side and says, that spot/area looks like a perfect place to camp and I said, well thats it according to the gps coordinates. If it is, great location picked.

And likes others mentioned, the Arkansas River is definitely flowing well with lots of rapids and higher than normal water level.
Thanks for the positive feedback!

How crowded was that camping area?

Here's a couple pics from there:

IMG_20190605_063818401_HDR.jpgIMG_20190605_063810747_HDR.jpg

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Hello all, brand new to OB and pretty new to the whole overloading experience. The plan is for my wife and I to leave Denver early Friday and head to o the meetup. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello all, brand new to OB and pretty new to the whole overloading experience. The plan is for my wife and I to leave Denver early Friday and head to o the meetup. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!
Welcome!

Reactions: Aeroscout

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Oh no, for some reason I thought it was this coming weekend. Unfortunately, I can't go the following weekend. Perhaps, I'll hit the MOAB trip.

• Sad

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Oh no, for some reason I thought it was this coming weekend. Unfortunately, I can\'t go the following weekend. Perhaps, I\'ll hit the MOAB trip.
Since I got the weekend wrong, I tried to cancel my RSVP but am unable to do so for some reason. Please free up my spot if anyone else wants it.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Oh no, for some reason I thought it was this coming weekend. Unfortunately, I can't go the following weekend. Perhaps, I'll hit the MOAB trip.
Sorry to hear that. See you in Moab.

Looks like you figured out the RSVP thing. It can be challenging at times.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
From CORE:

Trail Report - 6/18/19

*Please read the full report*
All of Fourmile North - Open
All of Fourmile South - Open
Aspen Ridge - Open
Chinaman Gulch - Open
Carnage Canyon - Open
Mineral Basin - Open for 6 miles until just after the FS 344G junction for stock/slightly modified rigs. Open for another mile for built rigs capable of deep snow.
Ptarmigan Lake - Open for 1 mile with snow on the road.
Tincup Pass - Closed due to Forest Order
Hancock Pass - Not accessible
Alpine Tunnel to Hancock Town Site - Open for stock/slightly modified vehicles to just past the Allie Belle Mine at 4.5 miles. Open to Hancock Townsite for built rigs capable of deep snow.
Pomeroy Lake - Open for .75 miles to the Mary Murphy Mine.
Grizzly Lake - Open for 1.5 miles, blocked by snow and avalanche debris.
Mount Antero - Open for 2 miles, blocked by snow and avalanche debris.
Clohesy Lake - Open for 1.5 miles, blocked by snow and avalanche debris.
Kelly Flatts - Open
T33 - Open

Reactions: Aeroscout

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Since we are unable to make the trip this coming weekend, we decided to head down there this past weekend. The planned rally point camp was already full by the time we arrived at 1 PM on Friday, so we went up the road and found a perfect spot for us. Here are a few pictures. We found the F250 buried to its axles on one of the trails we ran. Feel sorry for the owner.

Reactions: Delux2769

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Since we are unable to make the trip this coming weekend, we decided to head down there this past weekend. The planned rally point camp was already full by the time we arrived at 1 PM on Friday, so we went up the road and found a perfect spot for us. Here are a few pictures. We found the F250 buried to its axles on one of the trails we ran. Feel sorry for the owner.

View attachment 104987View attachment 104988View attachment 104989View attachment 104990
Was this last photo taken on CR267? I'm guessing it wasn't in the Fourmile area.

Did you run many of the trails inside Fourmile Travel Management Area?

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
We'll be pulling in LATE Friday night!
Thanks for the info!

I hope to have some signage up so you'll recognize us in the dark. Admittedly, I'm a bit nervous about the site being full and having to scramble to get another site and get the info posted.

Delux2769

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, CO, USA
Member #

Thanks for the info!

I hope to have some signage up so you'll recognize us in the dark. Admittedly, I'm a bit nervous about the site being full and having to scramble to get another site and get the info posted.
We just need enough room for the awning room, lol... If it's full, we'll camp elsewhere, no big deal.