Cancelled 2nd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

• HTML tutorial

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
--Please join us for an extended weekend of camping, exploring and getting to know our fellow Overland Bound members.

--This area offers countless camping opportunities as well as miles of mild 4WD roads. For those wanting something harder there are several high elevation 4WD roads nearby. We'll organize our 4WD outings as we finalize headcounts and determine what everyone is interested in.

--We will secure a campsite as early on Thursday as possible and will update this thread if the location changes.

See the notes section farther down the page for additional information.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Yes, A few of us are heading down the 27th to attempt to secure the location that we picked for the group, that is why we included the 27th for this meet-up. quite frankly you are more than welcome to come any time during the weekend. but please RSVP and let us know your intentions on the thread for the Rally point, Thanks David

Gnar

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Aurora, CO, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Mintern
Member #

Cool. I'm gonna aim for coming that Friday. Gonna cut outta work a little early. Try to make it there before twilight. I'm new to your group. Never been to one of these before.

Reactions: JDGreens

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

It's ok to bring your pet, kids, wife etc. But caution that dogs that are unpredictable might be better left at home? Or kept under control at all times.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I spent last night at what I'm probably going change our base camp to if @JDGreens has no objections.

Here's the view this morning:View attachment 101742View attachment 101743
I am fine with where ever we end up. This is very large and beatiful area with lots to see and do. Next to the trails/dispersed camping down by Ouray, Lake city, Telluride and Silverton, the area around Buena Vista is becoming a close second as my favorite. It will be nice to spend time down there.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@Neal A. Tew Are there any plans to convoy on the 27th? If so, what is that starting location and departure time?
I'm leaving from Pueblo West so it's probably not practical to include me in a convoy. @JDGreens is going that afternoon, I believe, and he is closer to you.

Is there anyone else from the Denver Metro interested in meeting to travel together?

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

If there is interest in driving to 4-mile as a convoy, I would be ok with that. A good spot to meet would be in front of the Fort (restaurant) just north west of 285 and C470 on co.8 in Morrison. We can work that out closer to the 27th.