Budget Build

• HTML tutorial

wolftaco0503

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Evanston, IL
Member #

Budget build would be a misnomer. I should be Severe Budget Build. I have a budget of about $100 a month so needless to say I am gonna go slow. What should I get first or where should I start? I have a tow strap and a stock 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Sport.

Reactions: SRizo84 and Big E

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I built my JK on Craigslist, and forum classifieds. I would save for a few months, deals will always come up if you keep an eye out. What do you have for tires? And what is your plan? A fully built overlander?
Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place!

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

The guys are right, watch the forums and Craigslist. I have also had fairly good luck playing the eBay game. Also, check out some DIY videos. There is a good bit of stuff you can cobble patch together and turn your truck into a nice overland vehicle for pennies on the dollar. I have built quite a bit and scavenged stuff from junk yards, garage sales, and thrift stores that work good until something better comes along.

Reactions: Captain Chaos

wolftaco0503

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Evanston, IL
Member #

I have the same name on Tacoma world. No thanks for the mats, I upgraded them to WeatherTechs. It's a Auto not a 6-speed. Thanks alot guys

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

Consider a hilift jack and some straps/rope. Makes a good winch in a pinch and comes in handy.

First jack I bought was used off a site like Craigslist. Plenty out there.

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

It's a thread.. I gave s bunch of crap away on it!

There is is one to ask for free stuff & one to give stuff away.

—————————

Hey Now!

DocNOS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tulsa, OK
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Son
Member #

Service Branch
USN
Budget build would be a misnomer. I should be Severe Budget Build. I have a budget of about $100 a month so needless to say I am gonna go slow. What should I get first or where should I start? I have a tow strap and a stock 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro Sport.
Craigslist or army surplus.
You need a tent and a tarp!

Go down the list of the 10 C's of survival. Then move forward worth the build. Because the truck is only part of the journey. You dull have to sleep and eat too.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

DocNOS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tulsa, OK
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Son
Member #

Service Branch